56th Cosa Budget

Started by Ian Plätschisch, September 09, 2021, 07:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

WHEREAS the Organic Law directs that each government submit a budget by the second Clark of their Cosa term

PART A: Appropriations Request

His Majesty's Government hereby submits to the Ziu a request for the appropriation of funds from the Royal Treasury totaling 170¤6 ($255.15) for the specific purposes and subject to restrictions as outlined herein:

STUFF:

• Webhosting costs: 53¤26 ($80.15)
  • Google ads: 16¤40 ($25)
FINANCE:

• Fees for a Registered Agent: 66¤40 ($100)
  • John Eiffler commemorative stamps: 33¤20 ($50)

FURTHERMORE, notwithstanding the above allocations, no funds shall be disbursed without a notice of disbursement having first been transmitted to the Ziu at least fourteen days prior to the disbursement, except that disbursements solely for the purpose of postage may be made with no less than 24 hours notice. Notices shall contain details of the purchase and a cost estimate for the purchase, or the total amount paid if seeking funds for reimbursement. Copies of receipts and/or invoices will be provided upon request to Members of the Ziu.

FURTHERMORE, any funds allocated by this section shall be retained in the central fund by the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue until such time as they are disbursed. Funds not disbursed prior to the end of the government term shall remain in the central fund.

PART B. Fundraiser, Minting, and Other Authorizations

FURTHERMORE, the Minister of Finance, or her appointed deputy shall undertake to create manage and promote a voluntary fundraising campaign,  to the citizens of Talossa and other interested parties over the course of the term. The targeted amount for the campaign shall be ℓ133¤20 ($200). The proceeds of seignorage, sales of stamps, TalossaWare proceeds, and other voluntary contributions shall be included in this total except as provided elsewhere. The expected income for the term is as follows:

Proceedings of sales (Coins/Stamps/Talossaware) + Donations to the Kingdom: ℓ133¤20 ($200)
    Registration fees for Cosa election: ℓ20 ($30)
    Registration fees for Senäts election: ℓ10 ($15)
    Interest on Talossa's bank accounts: ℓ3¤20 ($5)

Total: +ℓ166¤40 (+$250)

PART C: Investment Policy

FURTHERMORE, His Majesty's Government hereby directs the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue to invest all held funds into a high-interest savings account unless or until otherwise directed or advised by act of the Ziu.

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Is there any link available to the latest financial report?
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

How much was the income of donations and Talossaware sale since the previous budget?

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Can you expand a bit more on the registered agent bit? How much would this cost us yearly?

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

How many commemorative stamps would be produced for this amount?

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on September 23, 2021, 05:18:12 PM
Unfortunately I have not received that from the Burgermeister yet.

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on September 23, 2021, 05:24:01 PM
Can you expand a bit more on the registered agent bit? How much would this cost us yearly?
We do not know exactly how much it will cost; the $100 figure is probably on the high end. The purpose of having one is to gain some recognition as a legal entity in the US, which provides some advantages when it comes to managing our assets. D:na Schiva has taken point on this so she would be the best person to ask for more details.

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on September 23, 2021, 05:29:33 PM
The Burgermeister informed me that we could get 1,000 stamps for $140. Therefore we should be able to get at least a couple hundred for $50, even though the unit cost would likely be higher for a smaller order.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on September 24, 2021, 09:06:46 PM
D:na Schiva has taken point on this so she would be the best person to ask for more details.

... the person who has taken point on this is Munditenens Tresplet, who is deputy Minister of Finance with this particular portfolio. I haven't had active involvement in this issue since I stepped aside as Seneschál (though I support it in principle).

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Istefan Perþonest

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on September 23, 2021, 05:18:12 PM
Unfortunately, I've been having severe anxiety attacks every single time I try to compile the thing, so, it doesn't exist.

The current balance total is $1,267.76 (versus the $1,165.34 of the last report one year ago; the increase is about half party fees and half sales and donations, plus a few cents in interest).

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on September 24, 2021, 09:08:18 PM
Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on September 23, 2021, 05:29:33 PM
The Burgermeister informed me that we could get 1,000 stamps for $140. Therefore we should be able to get at least a couple hundred for $50, even though the unit cost would likely be higher for a smaller order.
Um. I wish you'd specifically asked me. The place I was quoting from (the same place as we got the current stock of stamps made by) actually charges more for their minimum order of 500 ($169.05) than for 1,000 ($140.87). (No, I don't know what the logic is for that pricing, but.)
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ
Burgermeister of Inland Revenue

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

So if I understand S;reu Perþonest correctly, about 50 usd was raised in stamp sales/donations last year.

On what basis does the government think it is realistic that 200 dollars will be raised this term (noting that a cosa term is less than a year)?

Also, what is the government's plan regarding the stamps now that it turns out 50 dollars for stamps may not be feasible?

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on September 29, 2021, 02:27:17 PM
So if I understand S;reu Perþonest correctly, about 50 usd was raised in stamp sales/donations last year.

On what basis does the government think it is realistic that 200 dollars will be raised this term (noting that a cosa term is less than a year)?

Also, what is the government's plan regarding the stamps now that it turns out 50 dollars for stamps may not be feasible?
Depending on the amount of donations received, we may deem it worthwhile to request the extra money for the full run of stamps, or we may decide now is not the right time to purchase that many stamps.