News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Ceremony of Investiture

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, April 03, 2021, 07:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Maravetx d'Avestür

Lexh.F.40 directs that "once per Cosa, and during the final Clark of a Cosa, the Sovereign shall conduct an Investitures Ceremony where the recipients of these awards shall be announced. The Sovereign shall formally present award insignia to those recipients on behalf of the body conferring the award."

It is my pleasure to announce on behalf of His Majesty King John that the Pirmalaiset Maravetx d'Avestür (First Ceremony of Investiture) will be held on the 20th day of April 2021/XLII.  Any national or provincial government office or civil service office may request that the Crown award any decorations that they wish to bestow, and such requests will be granted to the best of my ability as long as they are received at least by the 18th.  Requests may be public, as the national government has done, or in private, if you wish to surprise the recipient. Some unexpected awards are already planned. All awards will be granted with due pomp.

—  Sir Alexandreu, Rexhaint d'Ian Regeu
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

*Sigh* Might I bring to the Regent's attention that there are not, have not, and was never intended to ever be a "First", "Second", "Third" or whatever "Ceremony of Investiture". Investiture was never intended to be a number thing. QEII doesn't sequence Investitures and neither should we. Honors are, if awarded, at the end of Cosa... by the Sovereign's hand. Not, mind you, by the Sovereign's playing God with honours of the Government & State! Land Grants (Earldoms and Baronies, etc) are the exclusive domain of the Sovereign... and I am getting increasingly frustrated with the overstepping of those rights... specifically by you. With all do respect, this is NOT your sandbox... it isn't even King John's. You and the office you hold exist because the one that is supposed to be here doing a VERY narrow-fielded job... isn't. Orders and Honours of the Government or State, unless the Sovereign... or in this case Regent... has a very good reason not to award, should be awarded with appropriate respect as described.
The Most Honourable General Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Senator for Maricopa, Kingdom of Talossa

Quote from: Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM on April 03, 2021, 11:32:15 PM
*Sigh* Might I bring to the Regent's attention that there are not, have not, and was never intended to ever be a "First", "Second", "Third" or whatever "Ceremony of Investiture". Investiture was never intended to be a number thing. QEII doesn't sequence Investitures and neither should we. Honors are, if awarded, at the end of Cosa... by the Sovereign's hand. Not, mind you, by the Sovereign's playing God with honours of the Government & State! Land Grants (Earldoms and Baronies, etc) are the exclusive domain of the Sovereign... and I am getting increasingly frustrated with the overstepping of those rights... specifically by you. With all do respect, this is NOT your sandbox... it isn't even King John's. You and the office you hold exist because the one that is supposed to be here doing a VERY narrow-fielded job... isn't. Orders and Honours of the Government or State, unless the Sovereign... or in this case Regent... has a very good reason not to award, should be awarded with appropriate respect as described.
Honourable Ministreu dal Zefençù,

Would you mind please being a little more clear with your objections?  You seem to be saying that you are unhappy that the sovereign is awarding things beyond "Land Grants," but the law authored by Éovart Grischun, the sitting Senator for Vuode, says definitively that "whenever a governmental body wishes to grant a Decoration to a citizen it shall communicate this intent to the Sovereign," and that during this Clark the sovereign is required to hold an Investiture Ceremony at which they "shall formally present award insignia."  I am attempting to follow the law, on behalf of His Majesty.

I do understand that you are upset that I am referring to the first Investitures Ceremony as the First Ceremony of Investure.  I'm not clear on why you object.  I believe there should be some pomp, because pomp is fun and because many of these are awards given for "gallantry, civilian bravery, or meritorious services."  Surely some fun is permitted, even if it's not required by law?

All of that said, I will certainly do my best to honour any requests from the Government or your own person as to form and method in this ceremony.

—  Sir Alexandreu, Rexhaint d'Ian Regeu
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

GV

No need for sequential numbering on investitures is what I think is being requested.

Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Additionally, I want to make clear that my point is... the investiture is not at the permission of the Sovereign, it's the Government acting through their Majesty. The Sovereign doesn't, without a very damn good reason, have the right to block any investiture.
The Most Honourable General Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Senator for Maricopa, Kingdom of Talossa

Quote from: Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM on April 04, 2021, 09:17:55 PM
Additionally, I want to make clear that my point is... the investiture is not at the permission of the Sovereign, it's the Government acting through their Majesty. The Sovereign doesn't, without a very damn good reason, have the right to block any investiture.
...okay?  I don't think I said anything to remotely suggest I would "block any investiture;" I think I pretty much said the opposite, in fact!  And if you were requesting that I not number the ceremony, why be so aggressive about it in response to a happy announcement of service?  But okay...  so why don't you want the ceremonies numbered?  I suppose they can be referred to in the future by just the date, but that seems awkward and strange.  They're not annual or on any specific dates, so I didn't see any other immediately obvious option.

GV

The investiture should only be held under a full moon during Milwaukee's SummerFest.  Talossan tradition demands this.

Quote from: GV on April 05, 2021, 10:13:03 AM
The investiture should only be held under a full moon during Milwaukee's SummerFest.  Talossan tradition demands this.
I can't do that, since the date range is set by statute and out of my control. But I do see one change I can make that I should have realized earlier, so I'm rescheduling the ceremony for a day earlier. No deadlines will change, but this means I'll be able to at least hold the ceremony on one of the traditional days.

GV

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on April 05, 2021, 11:09:00 AM
Quote from: GV on April 05, 2021, 10:13:03 AM
I can't do that, since the date range is set by statute and out of my control. But I do see one change I can make that I should have realized earlier, so I'm rescheduling the ceremony for a day earlier. No deadlines will change, but this means I'll be able to at least hold the ceremony on one of the traditional days.

Lol!  I was only joking, Alexander.  :-)