RAK - The Cézembre Shall Keep Its King ***WITHDRAWN***

Started by xpb, April 12, 2021, 11:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

Our King is on the RAK

Regarding the King - John by the Grace of God, King of Talossa and of all its Realms and Regions, King of Cézembre, Sovereign Lord and Protector of Péngöpäts and the New Falklands, Defender of the Faith, Leader of the Armed Forces, Viceroy of Hoxha and Vicar of Atatürk with the official Talossan name of Ian Lupul:

Currently the CAG reads:

Article 1. The Sovereign Province of Cézembre is an autonomous and self-governing member of the federal Talossan nation and pledges eternal allegiance to His Royal Majesty, and the Regipäts Talossan.

Proposed A14 additions to Article 1

Section 1

Cézembre is a constitutional Monarchy with a King (or, if female, Queen) as its head of State.

Section 2

The King is the symbolic head of the Cézembre. Cézembre democratically grants the King certain Royal Powers and duties as described in this CAG and in statute law. l'Etats may establish procedures for when the King fails to perform a duty.

Section 3

The King of Cézembre is King John I, until his demise, abdication, or removal from the throne. Should the King at any time renounce or lose his citizenship of Cézembre, that renunciation or loss shall be deemed to imply his abdication of the Throne. Upon the demise, abdication, or removal from the Throne of the King, l'Etats will consider a new candidate.

Section 4

In dire circumstances, when the King is judged by competent medical authority to be incapable of executing his duties, or if he is convicted of violation of this CAG, treason, bribery, nonfeasance endangering the safety, order or good government of Cézembre, or other high crimes, Cézembre may remove the King from the Throne. l'Etats shall pronounce by a three-fourths vote, with the approval of  that the King is to be removed, and this pronouncement shall immediately be transmitted to the people for their verdict in a referendum. If a two-thirds majority of the people concur, the King is removed.

Section 5

The King may, at whim, appoint, replace, or remove a Regent (or a Council of Regency, which is considered equivalent to a Regent), who shall administer the government in the name of the King, and exercise all powers in the CAG or legally vested in the King, except the power to appoint or replace a Regent. l'Etats may by law remove or replace any appointed Regent, and if l'Etats removes a Regent appointed by the King, the King may not reappoint the same person Regent without the prior consent of the l'Etats.

Section 6

The King may grant titles of nobility and confer awards and decorations.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

So.
The Change is, what exactly?
Artical 1 will still read " ...and the Regipäts Talossan."

So whomever the king is of talossa, thus will be the king of cazambre as written.

"The King of Cézembre is King John I, until his demise, abdication, or removal from the throne. Should the King at any time renounce or lose his citizenship of Cézembre, that renunciation or loss shall be deemed to imply his abdication of the Throne. Upon the demise, abdication, or removal from the Throne of the King, l'Etats will consider a new candidate." 

Thus as King John were to be removed from the Talossan throne, We as a province must consider and vote I assume on a candidate for the throne. Thus if one were to be chosen as king of Cézembre, they would be our chosen person for the throne of Talossa.

So as far as I read, you wish to add additional steps for cezambre to chose its representative and candidate for the Talossan throne?

It would also grant additional powers to the talossan throne that they may not else where be granted
Section 6

Am I reading this right?
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on April 12, 2021, 02:49:40 PM
So.

So whomever the king is of talossa, thus will be the king of cazambre as written.

"The King of Cézembre is King John I, until his demise, abdication, or removal from the throne. Should the King at any time renounce or lose his citizenship of Cézembre, that renunciation or loss shall be deemed to imply his abdication of the Throne. Upon the demise, abdication, or removal from the Throne of the King, l'Etats will consider a new candidate." 

Thus as King John were to be removed from the Talossan throne, We as a province must consider and vote I assume on a candidate for the throne. Thus if one were to be chosen as king of Cézembre, they would be our chosen person for the throne of Talossa.

So as far as I read, you wish to add additional steps for cezambre to chose its representative and candidate for the Talossan throne?

It would also grant additional powers to the talossan throne that they may not else where be granted
Section 6

Am I reading this right?

Because if the above is not correct, your talking of succession? Your also talking to somone who holds the largest number of seats in the l'Etats. And I may not be too happy about that kind of talk?
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

xpb

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on April 12, 2021, 04:40:22 PM
Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on April 12, 2021, 02:49:40 PM
So.

Section 6

Am I reading this right?

Because if the above is not correct, your talking of succession? Your also talking to somone who holds the largest number of seats in the l'Etats. And I may not be too happy about that kind of talk?

Yes, you and others have an entire majority of votes within l'Etats and could choose to reject any such proposal, or even remove me from office.  That is the nature of these types of legislative bodies, and this is a forum for discussion, thank you for participating. 

My understanding indicates that Robert I became King of Cezembre by Royal diktat, and that was an additional title accumulated by to our sovereign.  If Talossa decides to have a 7-year president, this would peserve that as a hereditary title.

xpb

Based upon the expressions of the Crown in https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=780.msg6141#msg6141, I respectfully withdraw this proposal from the RAK