[Assembly of Benito] Proposal: Amendment to the Constitution of Benito

Started by Istefan Perþonest, April 18, 2021, 10:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Istefan Perþonest

I should have run this through a while back, when it first occurred to me, but better late than never.

Whereas, in Benito as currently constituted, the Arvitieir Prima has a whole bunch of power on the provincial level, while the Noval Representanteu (Senator) doesn't have any, and

Whereas, the logical Maestro of the province currently is the same guy who is the current Noval Representanteu (Senator);

It is so resolved that

Article 23 of the Provincial Constitution, which currently reads:
"So that no conflict of interest may occur, or that no one individual may take over the province in a hostile attempt, no-one may hold more than one of the offices of Maestro, Viceré, or Noval Representanteu simultaneously. The Viceré also may not hold seats in the Provincial Chancellery."

shall be amended to read:
"So that no conflict of interest may occur, or that no one individual may take over the province in a hostile attempt, no-one may hold more than one of the offices of Maestro, Viceré, or Arvitieir Prima simultaneously. The Viceré also may not hold seats in the Provincial Chancellery."

Comments, concerns, questions?
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ

Istefan Perþonest

It having been a week without comment, I'm now bringing the proposed amendment to a vote:

Whereas, in Benito as currently constituted, the Arvitieir Prima has a whole bunch of power on the provincial level, while the Noval Representanteu (Senator) doesn't have any, and

Whereas, the logical Maestro of the province currently is the same guy who is the current Noval Representanteu (Senator);

It is so resolved that

Article 23 of the Provincial Constitution, which currently reads:
"So that no conflict of interest may occur, or that no one individual may take over the province in a hostile attempt, no-one may hold more than one of the offices of Maestro, Viceré, or Noval Representanteu simultaneously. The Viceré also may not hold seats in the Provincial Chancellery."

shall be amended to read:
"So that no conflict of interest may occur, or that no one individual may take over the province in a hostile attempt, no-one may hold more than one of the offices of Maestro, Viceré, or Arvitieir Prima simultaneously. The Viceré also may not hold seats in the Provincial Chancellery."

Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Istefan Perþonest

Well, then, as I proposed it and I have all the other seats in the Assembly, that's unanimous, and time to scoot it over to the Senate of Benito.
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ