News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

[Senate of Benito] Business for the 55th Cosa

Started by Istefan Perþonest, April 26, 2021, 12:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Istefan Perþonest

Well, the Assembly just passed a constitutional amendment, which would come on over here for consideration, but by rule the first thing the Senate has to do each session is elect a speaker.

The people currently entitled to serve in the Senate are, I believe:

@Iason Bitxichë Taiwos
    Tric'hard Carschaleir
    @Flip Molinar
    @Istefan Perþonest

Per the rules in the Constitution, then, one of us makes a motion of the form "That Senator X do take the Chair as Speaker", and then, since it's a motion, there's two days' voting.

I accordingly move that Senator Perþonest do take the Chair as Speaker, and vote in my own favor, like the arrogant power-seizing fiend I am.
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ

Istefan Perþonest

All right, more than 2 days having passed, I'm officially speaker. The proposal before the Senate is an amendment passed unanimously by the Assembly:

Whereas, in Benito as currently constituted, the Arvitieir Prima has a whole bunch of power on the provincial level, while the Noval Representanteu (Senator) doesn't have any, and

Whereas, the logical Maestro of the province currently is the same guy who is the current Noval Representanteu (Senator);

It is so resolved that

Article 23 of the Provincial Constitution, which currently reads:
"So that no conflict of interest may occur, or that no one individual may take over the province in a hostile attempt, no-one may hold more than one of the offices of Maestro, Viceré, or Noval Representanteu simultaneously. The Viceré also may not hold seats in the Provincial Chancellery."

shall be amended to read:
"So that no conflict of interest may occur, or that no one individual may take over the province in a hostile attempt, no-one may hold more than one of the offices of Maestro, Viceré, or Arvitieir Prima simultaneously. The Viceré also may not hold seats in the Provincial Chancellery."

Voting on the proposal will be open for one week or until there is a clear majority for/against the proposal.

I vote in favor.
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ

Istefan Perþonest

And since the 7 days have passed, this goes through unanimously, 1-0.
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ