News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Nomination of a Túischac'h

Started by Glüc da Dhi S.H., June 10, 2021, 04:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

I will allow for objections to final nominations until the 30th of this month. If Marcel Tafial remains unopposed, there will be no need for an election and will hence be instated.

Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

If I understand Lexh H 21 correctly, there are no separate nomination and election phases when it comes to picking the Túischac'h. If members of the Cosă representing at least 101 of the seats countersign a given nomination, the candidate is chosen. If I counted it correctly, my nomination is currently at 84 seats.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on June 27, 2021, 10:09:54 AM
If I understand Lexh H 21 correctly, there are no separate nomination and election phases when it comes to picking the Túischac'h. If members of the Cosă representing at least 101 of the seats countersign a given nomination, the candidate is chosen. If I counted it correctly, my nomination is currently at 84 seats.

Your correct, my mistake

Muhammed Yasir

I, too, endorse the nomination of Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial.
-Yasir

This means I have been elected Túischac'h.

Glüc da Dhi - 11
Marcel Tafial - 5
Miestră Schivă - 17
Txoteu Davinescu - 17
Françal Lux - 17
Antaglha Somelieir - 17
Muhammed Yasir - 19
TOTAL - 103 (101 required)

Thank you for your support, everyone.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Oh yes, I had not run the maths as yet, but yes, congratulations Mr New Speaker! Now someone drag him to his new seat. xD

https://youtu.be/yarpXLsSuno

PS. For context, its a tradition from the UK parliament dating back to the 13th century. This was when the Speaker's function was to communicate the Commons' opinions to the monarch.

Often, if the monarch did not agree with the messages being communicated by the Commons, it would result in the early death of the Speaker.

Therefore, often Speakers took the position at great risk and had to be dragged from their seat in order to accept the post.

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on July 07, 2021, 11:32:27 AM
Often, if the monarch did not agree with the messages being communicated by the Commons, it would result in the early death of the Speaker.

Therefore, often Speakers took the position at great risk and had to be dragged from their seat in order to accept the post.

I'm glad that we live in more civilised times nowadays ;)

I assume the first thing I'll do after the Secretary of State makes this election official (assuming this is still in the rulebooks, I'd have to doublecheck) is to try and establish some sort of Code of Conduct or Standing Orders for the Cosă; for example there appears to be no way for MCs to raise points of order as of now, and there are no regular Terpelaziun sessions either, and I'd like to see both of these issues fixed. I don't know who would even be in charge of establishing Standing Orders nowadays since I believe the corresponding Council was abolished a while ago...

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on July 07, 2021, 08:39:48 PM
Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on July 07, 2021, 11:32:27 AM

I'm glad that we live in more civilised times nowadays ;)

I assume the first thing I'll do after the Secretary of State makes this election official (assuming this is still in the rulebooks, I'd have to doublecheck) is to try and establish some sort of Code of Conduct or Standing Orders for the Cosă; for example there appears to be no way for MCs to raise points of order as of now, and there are no regular Terpelaziun sessions either, and I'd like to see both of these issues fixed. I don't know who would even be in charge of establishing Standing Orders nowadays since I believe the corresponding Council was abolished a while ago...

I hereby declare Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial the new Túischac'h for the 56th Cosa.

Congratulations!

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretár d'Estat
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I've also set you as a moderator for The Hopper.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal