News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

A question

Started by Tric'hard Lenxheir, April 30, 2021, 06:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Rick Leiner on April 30, 2021, 08:40:40 PM
The political aspect is what drew me to research micronations to begin with, i checked into several before deciding to apply for Talossan citizenship
I was the same way, a long long time ago.  I looked into the Republic of Talossa, Kingdom of Talossa, Nova Roma, the Conch Republic, and a few more that I don't remember.  I loved Talossa because I liked how it had this amazing mix of deadly-serious and goofy-as-all-hell attitude, while also having the opportunity to do things I might not otherwise get a chance to do, plus cool feudal silliness.  Being a Talossan for me has always meant the chance to jump in and do interesting things that would otherwise never enter my life, like reading and writing real legislation, practicing law, running a big organization and newspaper, and so on.  And the great thing is that it's been a remarkable investment in myself, too.  I have helped write laws in America and lead a big organization there, too, and I probably never would have done those sorts of things there... if I hadn't learned to do them here!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Tric'hard Lenxheir

I don't know if i could ever write any laws as i don't really understand "legalese" but i do occasionally have coherent thoughts on how certain things should happen in government LOL
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Rick has been eligible for a petition for citizenship for almost a month. It is to his credit that he kept up his interest. The question is: why was no-one else interested enough, before now, to petition?

I just petitioned, btw.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Rick Leiner on April 30, 2021, 09:11:48 PM
I don't know if i could ever write any laws as i don't really understand "legalese" but i do occasionally have coherent thoughts on how certain things should happen in government LOL
That's the first step -- and the hardest!  A lot of people will just slam together laws before they have an idea, so you're getting off on the right foot.  Then it's just a matter of working with someone who can help, or looking for models in existing laws elsewhere. :)
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 30, 2021, 09:20:52 PM
Rick has been eligible for a petition for citizenship for almost a month. It is to his credit that he kept up his interest. The question is: why was no-one else interested enough, before now, to petition?

I just petitioned, btw.

Admittedly I had forgotten what the procedure was for a moment there xD
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

On behalf of the Chancery I apologize it took so long. As Secretary of State it is my job to swear in new citizens but the Chancery is probably one of the busiest offices in the kingdom. I'm glad someone petitioned for you! I may not have noticed otherwise as I'm busy preparing for the upcoming election.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Tric'hard Lenxheir

I completely understand. Thank you for allowing me this opportunity! Now i will set about learning as much as i can about the history and language of Talossa. Sadly language is not my strong point, i have been speaking english for more than 50 years and still haven't really mastered it LOL

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Rick Leiner on May 01, 2021, 12:26:06 PM
I completely understand. Thank you for allowing me this opportunity! Now i will set about learning as much as i can about the history and language of Talossa. Sadly language is not my strong point, i have been speaking english for more than 50 years and still haven't really mastered it LOL

Why not stop by the talossan names board and have your name translated into Talossan?

http://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?board=28.0
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre