News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

A question

Started by Tric'hard Lenxheir, April 30, 2021, 06:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Earlier today i saw a post complaining that certain prominent citizens do not post much on Wittenberg and it was pointed out to the poster that Wittenberg is NOT Talossa. However when applying for citizenship it is stated that the prospective citizen must show that they will be active as citizens. This leaves me wondering if i am missing something. Is there some other way for a prospective citizen to show that they will be active other than through posts on Wittenberg? I mean it isn't like we are allowed to vote or run for any offices, our only method of showing interest is through these kinds of posts. Please advise as i want to make sure i am doing everything possible to be accepted.
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Hi Rick,
No your not missing quite missing anything, we as nation claim territory within the city of Milwaukee and a number of other places across the globe. We as an nation exist. Wittenberg is mearly the place where we communicate and operate though as many of us live in diaspora around the world, from the USA, England, Europe, India and many others besides. We are assigned to a province by our location, cezambere for example is a island of the west of France near Saint Malo, which we claimed by cutting some barbed wire and planting a flag, however it not a very hospitable place currently with unexploded shells littering the island, however many people who are from Europe are assigned to it as our province.
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Yes i understand that part but i don't understand what is necessary to be accepted as a full citizen if posting on Wittenberg is not being active (according to some post i read)

Miestră Schivă, UrN

There was formerly a law stating that prospective citizens had to participate outside Wittenberg. This might be on a Facebook group, or on our own social network, talossa.net. We repealed that law, so posting on Wittenberg is more than enough.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Oh ok, i have posted a few things, but probably not enough. I have been prospective for about a month and a half. Most of my posts have been attempts at humor, this is probably my first serious question LOL

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Rick Leiner on April 30, 2021, 07:41:20 PM
Yes i understand that part but i don't understand what is necessary to be accepted as a full citizen if posting on Wittenberg is not being active (according to some post i read)
You can be active in other areas than mearly posting, for example we have stamps and coins to collect if that tickles your fancy (which I believe now can get you patriot points?), You could learn our language on a small number of language learning apps and let us know how your doing. We also have our own wiki and archives to peruse. There is more to our country than purely what happens on here.
On the conversation you may have read that posting is nessicery, fundamentally we want to engage with other people who are interested in engaging with us. Some long term citizens who have roles in government and political parties (which you can also engage with if you so wish (completely upto you) not broosking honest)) are somtimes called out for not keeping people updated with there jobs they are doing, however we are often very understanding if for some reason you can't post or be super active, which you can share with us or not, that completely your prerogative. We like to keep it as fun as possible around here where we can! :D

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

In addition to what Txosue says, let me also add that no one who shows even the slightest continued interest is rejected. And I mean that extremely literally. You should feel zero anxiety about whether or not you will be approved for a petition. In some short amount of time, you will be eligible for a current citizen to post one for you, and it will be approved if you are still interested at all.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Tric'hard Lenxheir

I am most definitely interested. I am feeling quite ignorant at the moment because i have been studying the information on the Talossan language, I believe there is a very good reason i don't travel much LOL I have also been reading a lot about how the government works, it is very interesting and i have read up on some of the provinces and territories

The language is hard! I've been working at it for years, but it just hasn't come naturally to me. It's all the more embarrassing now, since I am helping the king as a sort of secretary to translate things often, and my options end up as: either I get help from someone, do a bad job, or spend literally an hour on it. So you shouldn't feel bad!

Almost all active citizens we have are interested in politics or government for the most part these days, so if that's something that you find intriguing, you're definitely in the right place. Talossa presents everyone with the astonishing opportunity to get involved in politics in a deeply meaningful way. We are small enough and the government is currently constituted in such a way that everyone who wants to be a force in politics has that opportunity, while being big enough for your efforts to actually make a lasting difference for others.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

And hey, looking at Txosue's latest post, you might be in luck very soon!

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 30, 2021, 08:20:33 PM
And hey, looking at Txosue's latest post, you might be in luck very soon!
His introduction mentioned he was eligible from the second of April which has long since passed?

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 30, 2021, 08:19:17 PM
The language is hard! I've been working at it for years, but it just hasn't come naturally to me. It's all the more embarrassing now, since I am helping the king as a sort of secretary to translate things often, and my options end up as: either I get help from someone, do a bad job, or spend literally an hour on it. So you shouldn't feel bad!
In case youre wondering, I also need an hour to translate stuff into Talossan, partially because I have to look up every word on Översteir, and partially because I have to do research on how to translate English idioms that are missing from Översteir, so theres no need to feel bad.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on April 30, 2021, 08:26:39 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 30, 2021, 08:19:17 PM
In case youre wondering, I also need an hour to translate stuff into Talossan, partially because I have to look up every word on Översteir, and partially because I have to do research on how to translate English idioms that are missing from Översteir, so theres no need to feel bad.
You're a mensch :)

GV

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 30, 2021, 07:59:52 PM
In addition to what Txosue says, let me also add that no one who shows even the slightest continued interest is rejected. And I mean that extremely literally. You should feel zero anxiety about whether or not you will be approved for a petition. In some short amount of time, you will be eligible for a current citizen to post one for you, and it will be approved if you are still interested at all.

All of this is right.  All you need to do is to be respectful and courteous, and Talossa will be your oyster.

Tric'hard Lenxheir

The political aspect is what drew me to research micronations to begin with, i checked into several before deciding to apply for Talossan citizenship