News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

MRPT Forums - still around?

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, February 13, 2022, 07:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

In 2019, our current Seneschal closed up the MRPT before joining the Free Democrats.  I just want to speak up, asking if that forum is still live, and -- if so -- if we can archive it for posterity at this point.  Can any of the former members who had access check if it's still around?  @Cresti da Ion Nouacastra-Läxhirescu, MSC , @Sevastáin Pinátsch  , @Tariqzubair , @Glüc da Dhi S.H. ?  I'd tag the Seneschal but I've discovered that it seems impossible to actually do so in this forum without switching over my keyboard layout to print a thorn symbol or manually scrolling through to look up his ID number.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

There's 425 total threads, but the vast majority are in areas not open to the general public.  Are they archived or backed-up anywhere?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

GV

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on February 14, 2022, 08:58:33 PM
There's 425 total threads, but the vast majority are in areas not open to the general public.  Are they archived or backed-up anywhere?

The Modrads will need to coordinate with those better-versed than I in such things as to archiving their forums.  Were those forums entirely public, they are sparse enough to warrant an easy brute-force backup.

GV, RArchivist

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on February 14, 2022, 07:39:16 PM
https://modrads.proboards.com/
So... any interest in making an archive?  We've already seen what happens when people just keep letting it slide... eventually it's too late or something goes wrong, and the chance is lost.