News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

La S'chinteia Volume XIX

Started by Ian Plätschisch, May 23, 2021, 02:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

Volume XIX is out!

As announced previously, this will be the final volume. Thanks for reading.

All of the back issues will be posted to the La S'chinteia TalossaWiki page shortly.

Françal I. Lux

It's a pity that this is the last edition! I did enjoy reading all the back issues. I hope someone can start another iteration of Talossan print media. A newspaper like Beric'ht or another magazine series like this one.
F. I. Lux, Minister of Interior

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

I've been memed. My life is complete.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Great issue!  Sad to see it end. This means there is once again no journalism in the country, which is truly tragic but understandable given our activity levels. I hope that in the future, things will pick up and you'll have more volunteers to contribute and lighten the load, which might convince you to start things up again!

On technical note: I think there's a dropped page or something.  There are only interviews with six of the eight parties in the running this term.  It's missing the TNC and Free Democrat interviews.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on May 23, 2021, 08:09:44 PM
Great issue!  Sad to see it end.

On technical note: I think there's a dropped page or something.  There are only interviews with six of the eight parties in the running this term.  It's missing the TNC and Free Democrat interviews.
Unfortunately the corresponding party leaders could not respond to my request for comment in time for publication.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Great issue!  Sad to see it end. This means there is once again no journalism in the country, which is truly tragic but understandable given our activity levels.

Our activity levels that are higher than at any time since the Free Democrats have been leading government, as shown by the huge turnout of parties in the election?

I thought you'd stopped this gaslighting about how Talossa sucks these days and no-one comes here any more

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

GV

Great issue!  Sad to see it end. This means there is once again no journalism in the country, which is truly tragic but understandable given our activity levels. I hope that in the future, things will pick up and you'll have more volunteers to contribute and lighten the load, which might convince you to start things up again!

Talossa seems as active as it has been in quite some time.  Perhaps having seen a problem, Alexander, you could find a solution?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

His solution is that people he doesn't like should "retire and become inactive", you know that

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

I didn't think it was contested that Talossa has generally been a lot quieter and less active.  One single person is responsible for 16% of anything ever posted on Wittenberg in the last few years.  Out of the total 61 people who ever posted anything on Witt, about half only have a handful of posts.  And some of our formerly most active citizens have been very quiet for a long time.

While I'm glad people are suddenly posting a lot more and that there are suddenly more political parties, it seems obvious that a lot of that comes down to the fact that it's election season and an unusual one, at that.

I don't even know why we're trying to pretend this is a real argument. You both have said that there's an activity problem!  My dearest Seneschal, in your formal speech to your own party, you announced that the reason behind your departure was that, "I am doing too much, and others are doing too little."

"We need," you wrote, "a vision for getting new citizens involved – not only involved in Talossa, but involved in the Free Democrats. Comrades and friends, ask yourself this – when was the last time a new person joined our party? Or a new citizen – and we do get quite a few of those – actually stuck around and became active in the community?"

For goodness sake, you even wrote about this in your formal farewell speech as Seneschal!

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 28, 2021, 03:47:01 PM
But the area I'm most disappointed in is our failures in the area of citizen activity. It's not that we haven't gotten new citizens, but when we have gotten new citizens, they don't stick around and do anything. And existing citizens are hard to motivate as well.

I agree with the Miestră of a few weeks ago, not the new one who's trying to pick a fake fight.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on May 23, 2021, 08:27:41 PM
Great issue!  Sad to see it end. This means there is once again no journalism in the country, which is truly tragic but understandable given our activity levels.

Our activity levels that are higher than at any time since the Free Democrats have been leading government, as shown by the huge turnout of parties in the election?

I thought you'd stopped this gaslighting about how Talossa sucks these days and no-one comes here any more
I find in my email an official message on behalf of the Free Democrats, sent by Miestră Schivă, pointing out that "The biggest crisis facing Talossa is a crisis of activity – not only apathy towards non-political Talossanity from existing citizens, but a lack of active ways for new migrants to 'get involved.'"