News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

DRAFT Sticky Slate Amendment

Started by xpb, May 28, 2021, 10:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

In detailed reading of the CAG, there need to be a followup to the announcement of the Cézembre election notification sent by email on 16 May, and that adjustment by email will take place on or before 1 June to be compliant with the Cézembre electon process.  As per CAG arrticle 14, nominations take place the week of June 7-13, with the election running June 14-28 (not 30 as previously proposed). The following amendment if passed by l'Etats by June 13 would then be sent for ratification by the electorate during this election to be implemented for the following election just after that for the 57th Ziu.

###

DRAFT STICKY SLATE Amendment

Whereas
The Cezembre Administration Guide specifies when Cezembre conducts an election, and

Whereas as per Article 14 specifies that the candidates must declare prior to the election their intent to stand, and

Whereas
Thus there are not write-in candidates, and

Whereas
It is desireable to have the option to retain effective legislators, and

Whereas
There can be logistical challenges when Cezembre elections are held by statute no earlier than one week nor no later than two weeks after the general election of the Ziu, and

Whereas
The right for anyone to declare candidacy shall be maintained, and

Whereas
The right for anyone to decline candidacy shall be maintained

BE IT RESOLVED that
All seated l'Etats members shall be placed on the ballot for the next session of l'Etats, unless they specifically request not to be listed along with others who declare their candidacy.

This process only establishes the slate of candidates -- if a candidate does not receive any votes, they would not enter into the apportionment specified in CAG Article 9.

xpb

Alternate name for the Sticky Slate Amendment is the Volentold Amendment

xpb

Some questions have been raised whether it should be persons or parties listed. The persons represent seats but the parties were considered as the way it had to be run from the Chancery and Cézembre could decide differently.  If I remain as Seneshal I would run the election by names rather than parties unless someone else runs for Seneshal then I would retire and let them run the election as they see fit.  if more than one person would run for Seneshal then I would still retire but run the election.