Mençei nominations reopened until Wed. 16 June 2021 at 2000 CDT

Started by GV, June 09, 2021, 02:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

I have turned the election for Mençei for the 56th Cosâ into a fiasco.  Many, many thanks to SoS Nordselva for pointing that out.  Apologies to one and all for closing the original window for nominations one day too soon.

I've decided it is best to re-open nominations for another week ending next Wednesday 16 June 2021 at 2000 CDT.

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu has put his name into nomination, and while it might seem logical for me to step down and let someone else handle this, I don't want to add another step to what has become a convoluted process.

Thus, the timetable for electing a new Mençei is as follows:

Nominations open until next Wednesday 16 June 2021 at 2000 CDT - At this point, nominations will be closed.

Voting for the new Mençei begins next Wednesday 16 June 2021 at 2000 CDT and concludes on Wednesday 23 June 2021 at 2000 CDT.

At this writing, I've received nominations from Béneditsch Ardpresteir and Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu, but the window for more people to put their names in the ring is open until the above-prescribed time.

As for my previous declaration of Béneditsch Ardpresteir as the winner, that is null and void, though he may end up winning for real in the end.  I did not allow for a confirmation time because I did not feel it was necessary because I had only received Béneditsch's nomination.  Of course, I was wrong to not have that confirmation vote, and again, I was wrong to end things a day too soon originally.

With apologies to all,

GV

Breneir Tzaracomprada

We all make mistakes, GV. Thank you for your acknowledging and making efforts to correct it.
May this term of the Talossan Senats be noted for humility, collegiality, and productiveness.

Breneir

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

mpf

Martì-Paír Furxhéir
Longuest serving Secretary of State
Senator for Ataturk
Creator of the mixtape exchange program:
https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=217.msg1299

GV

Quote from: mpf on June 14, 2021, 04:37:52 AM
I vote for ESB for Mencei

Vote noted and will become official on Wednesday when nominations run out.