News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Senator failed to vote

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, December 22, 2021, 12:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

As Premier of Maricopa I would like to ask why our senator @Béneditsch Ardpresteir failed to vote and represent his province in the 4th Clark.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

It's not the first time that a senator has failed to vote...

everyone has their reasons, and I refuse to answer the same, especially to you. Moreover in an open forum filled with certain vile characters, I'd rather not discuss my reasons (/problems).

Everyone has their own sets. In your role as the SoS, you also failed to send the reminder mail (that you have made a 'norm' by sending practically each and every time). Maybe that was for some reason, or maybe intentional. Who cares? Not me. 

You also point fingers at the Senator for not voting, but fail to point fingers at your friend in the Cosa from the same party, for failing to vote there. You may say that he's not representing the province, but I am. However, apart from sending a candidate to the Senate the Maricopans, in general, are probably not interested in day to day political activities. 

Long back I had mooted the concept of truly representing the mood of the province in the Senate based on the votes polled in the cabana, but no one seemed interested. So, it's left to me as to how I vote - Pro/Con/Aus... and if am not present it's still an Aus with a strike on my tenure. So how does it affect you?

If you were genuinely concerned, you could have sent a DM here or on FB Messenger on which we are connected too. But no, you just wanted to make it murkier.
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on December 31, 2021, 08:24:54 AM

everyone has their reasons, and I refuse to answer the same, especially to you. Moreover in an open forum filled with certain vile characters, I'd rather not discuss my reasons (/problems).

Everyone has their own sets. In your role as the SoS, you also failed to send the reminder mail (that you have made a 'norm' by sending practically each and every time). Maybe that was for some reason, or maybe intentional. Who cares? Not me. 

You also point fingers at the Senator for not voting, but fail to point fingers at your friend in the Cosa from the same party, for failing to vote there. You may say that he's not representing the province, but I am. However, apart from sending a candidate to the Senate the Maricopans, in general, are probably not interested in day to day political activities. 

Long back I had mooted the concept of truly representing the mood of the province in the Senate based on the votes polled in the cabana, but no one seemed interested. So, it's left to me as to how I vote - Pro/Con/Aus... and if am not present it's still an Aus with a strike on my tenure. So how does it affect you?

If you were genuinely concerned, you could have sent a DM here or on FB Messenger on which we are connected too. But no, you just wanted to make it murkier.

Um...ok. Thanks.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on December 31, 2021, 03:39:21 PM
Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on December 31, 2021, 08:24:54 AM

Um...ok. Thanks.

The more I think about your response the more irritated I get. Here we have a constituent asking their elected senator about his voting record and the senator makes it more about the constituent than his own voting record. Nice deflection, putting the blame on me as Secretary of State for not remembering to send out the courtesy email I normally do at the end of the Clark. Maybe I had things going on in my real life also.

As for "my friend" in the Cosa, that "friend" is not my elected senator. You are. I also find it hilarious that you decided to just do your own thing because you didn't get a reply to some messages in Wittenberg.

Let's be real here, being a senator is not that hard of a job. You vote once a month. Just do the bare minimum.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Françal I. Lux

This pugnacious character is representing the people of Maricopa? How about you carry out your sworn duties to the Senate and your constituents or resign? If life's too damn terrible then resign. If life's too busy then resign. Don't sit on your ass and gaslight the citizen of Maricopa. I'd say shame on you but clearly you prefer the spotlight shinning on that turgid personality of yours.

What kind of stupid, knuckle-dragging answer is "it's none of your business"? YOU are an elected member of the Senate sent there by your constituents of this province. YOU work for your constituents and YOU. Answer when asked. You're lucky we don't have a recall system in this Province or I'd have your punk ass thrown out to the curb.

Don't talk to your constituents like they're trash, you elitist prick, this isn't an episode of House of Cards. You wanna run your office with ill-courtesy and contempt? Bring it on, I've eviscerated worse shit-kickers than you.

I'm tired of mouth-breathing rubes lauding over their status in this kingdom and then running away especially NOW when all hands on deck is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
F. I. Lux, Minister of Interior

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I mean, what really gets me about the Senator's response is that he feels Talossa to be composed of "vile characters".

I despair for the future of Talossa when there is a very deep cultural/political divide, where people on both sides actually despise at least some of those on the opposite side, but will never quit the country because that would lead to those "vile characters" getting to do what they want in Talossa. It's like two bald men fighting over a comb.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

My reasons for not participating are too personal to be shared publicly, especially when 'some' people here are likely to make an issue out of it. And as it turns out, non-Talossan Office bearers are also interested in jumping to the provincial forum (in their 'superintendence' role) to give their two-bit especially since the hullabaloo was directed towards me, or like others would say, created by me. 

I once again say that Maricopans don't ask me to vote one way or the other (though I myself had wanted to be so guided in the past, but the idea was dropped midway as there were some practical difficulties), and when the law permits the Senator to miss a vote, then what's the big fuss? Everyone has their own sets of ups and downs in life and health. And yes, it's too difficult to find time to vote when you are not in the mental frame of mind to be interested in politics (in whatever form).

Had Dr. Nordselva been kind enough to ask via a PM/DM, I might have confided in him my predicament for not voting, but he choose otherwise which irked me, as my retort irritated him. Never imagined that Dr. Nordselva and I would come to such cross-roads after traveling so many years together in Talossa. (Don't want to imagine that he had guessed it somehow and wanted to rub it in, for I am sure that he of all people, won't stoop to that level).

Resign I will, if I must, when I know for sure that I won't be able to fulfill my duties for a long duration. I guess the whole purpose of having the strike rules is meant to take care of circumstances when people become unable to vote for some reason or the other. If the law has no recall policy, there's no point talking about it, unless you want to frame it. On the other hand, if I miss the next vote, I'd have to take it as a blow, so probably I'd vote one way or the other until and unless something comes up which needs more attention (like this time around). Ignoring the other comments of FIL altogether.

I am unlikely to quit Talossa in the near future, but yeah, I may take a break from its activities. However, that time has not yet come.
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

I completely understand personal issues and I have no desire to pry into your business.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal