A PROCLAMATION OF THE JUNE 2021 ELECTION FOR L’ETATS DE CÉZEMBRE

Started by xpb, June 02, 2021, 11:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

Now that elections for the Ziu have taken place (with congratulations to all those who stood as candidates and thanks to those who voted)

I request Governor-General @C. M. Siervicül to approve this proclamation, or in his stead @King John or @Baron Alexandreu Davinescu
or to suggest adjustments to same

A PROCLAMATION OF THE JUNE 2021 ELECTION FOR L'ETATS DE CÉZEMBRE

This information adjusts and replaces the previous preliminary notice of election sent 16 May, and will again be also sent via electronic mail.  There may be subsequent adjustment, either by those approving the ratification, or if there is any change in the post of Sénéchal, or if there are others wishing to appeal to the Cort with time to avoid any emergency injunctions

As Le Sénéchal I shall conduct the upcoming election for l'Etats de Cézembre according to existing law, and the administrative authority vested in this office.  I have invoked Article 8 of the constitution to hold local elections, and am updating the previous proper notice both in this forum and via email.  Cézembre election law is found within the constitution and various amendments quoted for reference after this proclamation.

There is no specific l'Etats election act, but there are procedures established in subsequent Sénéchal and Lord Warden election acts that will be adopted as administrative procedures for this election.

As to authority to act

1.    Until such time as there is another candidate for Le Sénéchal, I shall continue in office and there shall be no election for Le Sénéchal following the procedure of the Lord Warden election act enacted subsequent to the Sénéchal election act and establishes Cézembre election procedure and which states "no election will be held and the sole candidate will be considered elected to the position." should I remain the sole candidate as the existing officer.

2.   Should there be another candidate for Le Sénéchal, I would immediately withdraw my candidacy for continuance in that office, and should that person remain the only candidate, then they would be elected in a similar manner.  I offer to become the conducting officer for the election of l'Etats if desired by the new Sénéchal, or that person could assume that duty, or that person could decide to ask the Chancery to conduct the election.

3.   Should there be more than one candidate for Le Sénéchal other than myself, I would again immediately withdraw my candidacy for continuance in that office, but would continue as the conducting official of the election of the new Sénéchal as well as l'Etats.

Should my authority to act proceed, then I proclaim that the election for l'Etats shall proceed by nomination by name of any Cézembre citizen to serve in l'Etats.   Those citizens named as candidates may identify with no party, or one party, or multiple parties as they wish, however, votes shall be cast only for the name listed on the ballot which must be declared in the nomination period defined in the first week of the election period, with voting taking place in the second and third week of the election period.  These can be self nominations, or nominations by Cézembre citizens of other Cézembre citizens who subsequently affirm their intent to stand for election within the nomination period.

I intend to stand for l'Etats.  I hereby ask if
@Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù
@Ián Tamorán
@Ián S.G. Txaglh
again wish to stand for the office.  Others may declare their intent to stand on or before June 14 19:30 TST (June 15 at 0230 CZT), such that ballots may be prepared.  A "Sticky Slate" Amendment will be discussed in l'Etats to formalize this concept in the session leading up to the election period and may, along with other referenda, have potential to be offered to the citizenry for approval.

In the past, including the most recent election (conducted by the Chancery), there were issues of potential confusion between votes for parties and votes for persons, which were subsequently combined for purposes of allocation of seats within l'Etats.  There were also issues with rules that the Chancery must follow regarding write in votes which are not part of Cézembre law which result in vacant seats due to the lack of a representative of a party for those votes cast.

The times of the election based upon the constitution and the existing Chancery election to the Ziu shall establish the first week of nominations on June 7 at 19:30 TST (June 8 at 0230 CZT) to June 14 19:30 TST (June 15 at 0230 CZT) and the election June 14 – June 28 19:30 TST (June 29 at 0230 CZT).  Candidates are encouraged to make their self-nominations known even prior to the election, and as early as possible within the nomination period to assist in the balloting process.  Those who nominate someone else should communicate their wishes to the nominee such that the candidate may affirm their standing within the nomination period.

The election will take place in an official voting thread, or via the electionbuddy.com system which has been tested and found satisfactory and conformant to the requirements of the constitution, or via email, or telephone, or postal mail as any individual Cézembre citizen may desire when the official ballot is issued. (Note: electionbuddy can be used without cost for up to 20 voters, and the current population of Cézembre is 21, however, as whether or not I remain Sénéchal I will vote in public as I have always done, thus providing for a secret ballot - if desired - for all other citizens)

Those who wish to raise questions with this proclamation are advised to bring said questions to this thread before the end of the nomination period.  This will be the place for any adjustment of the process, however, those not satisfied may seek relief via Cort Pü Inalt as per Article 19 & 20 of the CAG.  This proclamation, after ratification by the Governor-General also will be sent via email to those who do not participate in these forums for response.

I hereby submit this plan for the June 2021 Election for ratification by Governor-General (Cunstaval): Sir Cresti Siervicül, UrN this 2nd day of June, 2021

X. Pol Briga a.k.a. xpb

Specific references to the CÉZEMBREAN ADMINISTRATION GUIDE (hereinafter CAG) follow with full document found at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QYkVIvygRUC-TC4NVdKTogfwftJH-XzF/view

Constitution of the Sovereign Province of Cézembre
From Article 1.  ...Cézembre is an autonomous and self-governing...

From Article 7. ...l'Etats shall consist of no more and no less than twenty (20) seats.
Seats in l'Etats de Cézembre can only be assigned to citizens of Cézembre. Citizens may hold more than one seat, but no more than six. One seat cannot be divided among nor assigned to more than one citizen.

From Article 8 ... The Sénéchal (or the Governor-General in case the Sénéchal has been absent
for more than one week) may request the chancery not to conduct those elections in no less than one week before balloting day. If the Sénéchal (or Governor-General) makes such a request, the Sénéchal (or the Governor-General) shall conduct the elections in accordance with provincial election laws and rules.

Article 11. Le Sénéchal shall be the elected leader of Cezembre. Le Sénéchal shall have the power to issue proclamations which have the force of law. These proclamations may be appealed or amended as regular laws. These proclamations may not act as acts of attainders or any activity prohibited by the Organic Law (with regards to Prime Dictats). These proclamations must be counter-signed by the Governor-General (or the King, in case of, by lack of appointment or by long-term absence, a Governor-General).

Article 14. Elections as described by article 10 will take, no less and no longer than 3 weeks. Cézembrians must announce their candidacy in the first week of the election and polls shall open on the first day of the 2nd week and close on the last day of the third week.

Article 15. Elections, as described in articles 10 and 11 will start no earlier than one week and no later than two weeks after the election deadline of Talossan general elections or after a resolution has been approved by a majority of the l'Etats de Cézembre removing the previous
Sénéchal or should the Sénéchal, resign, die or be unable to fulfill his duties for any reason.

A8: The Sénéchal Elections Act

6. Before the start of the nomination phase the Conducting Officer will send all voters an email explaining the election procedures. This message must be posted online as well to ensure voters who did not receive the email have the chance to notify the Conducting Officer of the mistake, so it can be fixed.

A9: The 51st Cosa Lord Warden Election Act

8. The election will be conducted using Ballotbin or a similar automated ballot that is capable of conducting the elections in accordance with the provisions of this act.

9. The settings of the Bin must be so that the Admins can only see the results after the election, the candidates are presented in random order and the election is conducted using a preferential vote.

15. If there is one sole candidate for the position of Lord Warden at the start of the election, no election will be held and the sole candidate will be considered elected to the position.
(note this does not appear in the Sénéchal Elections Act but was enacted later and thus establishes local election procedures)

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

xpb

xpb

Quote from: xpb on June 03, 2021, 03:34:59 PM
Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on June 03, 2021, 08:39:51 AM
I wish to stand for office in the I'etas
Acknowledged
Also it has come to my attention that along with my proclamation of names that the addition I listed as optional as to listing parties may need to occur to be better conformant with other parts of the CAG.
I will list my party as B - Balançeu/Balance
@Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù will you be associated with LCC - The League of Centre Conservatives again?  Last time two seats were assigned to you by name, and four seats were assigned by name of the party.  One objective in this proclamation is to eliminate confusion on voting.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: xpb on June 03, 2021, 09:27:36 PM
Quote from: xpb on June 03, 2021, 03:34:59 PM
Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on June 03, 2021, 08:39:51 AM
I wish to stand for office in the I'etas
Acknowledged
Also it has come to my attention that along with my proclamation of names that the addition I listed as optional as to listing parties may need to occur to be better conformant with other parts of the CAG.
I will list my party as B - Balançeu/Balance
@Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù will you be associated with LCC - The League of Centre Conservatives again?  Last time two seats were assigned to you by name, and four seats were assigned by name of the party.  One objective in this proclamation is to eliminate confusion on voting.

Indeed
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

xpb

Current Status of ballot slate:

l'Etats

@Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù as representative of LCC - The League of Centre Conservatives
@X. Pol Briga as representative of B - Balançeu / Balance

Contacted to state whether they wish to stand in the election
@Ián Tamorán
@Ián S.G. Txaglh

All other citizens have been contacted via email as to whether they wish to stand for office in the election, but there have been no responses as of yet.

Le Sénéchal

@X. Pol Briga who will withdraw from candidacy should any other citizen of Cézembre desire the office such that if only one should stand then they would be elected immediately as per provisions of the CAG, otherwise if there were yet another additional candidate then there would be an election.

Request to approve the Election proclamation to Governor-General @C. M. Siervicül has not yet been received - have sent messages via PM and email.

On Sunday, 13 June I shall be traveling to the Alaska portion of Florencia and thus may have limited access to electronic media from time to time through Friday, 25 June.  I would like to setup the Electionbuddy system previously tested with as many preconfigured candidates as possible by 12 June, such that the election could be launched as required on 14 June to take place either in these forums by public vote or via the election system by secret vote.

Ián Tamorán S.H.

Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

I'd like to register the Partisan Party (P) for the upcoming Etats elections.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

xpb

Quote from: Ián Tamorán S.H. on June 10, 2021, 06:25:56 AM
I wish to stand for office in the L'Etats.
Acknowledged - I will list you as representing the Free Democrats of Talossa unless you state otherwise.

xpb

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on June 10, 2021, 08:09:52 AM

Thank you.  May I list your name as associated with the Party on the ballot, or is there some other individual to name in this hybrid style of a party list?

Ián S.G. Txaglh

i am sorry to say that, but i will not stand for office in the l'etats.

xpb

Quote from: Ián S.G. Txaglh on June 11, 2021, 05:39:00 AM
i am sorry to say that, but i will not stand for office in the l'etats.

Acknowledged.  Perhaps there will be some other candidate from NPW.

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: xpb on June 10, 2021, 10:17:19 AM

Thank you.  May I list your name as associated with the Party on the ballot, or is there some other individual to name in this hybrid style of a party list?

Well my argument is really that according to the constitution " Each party will receive a number of
seats, equal to the number of high quotients it received.
Each party may divide its seats amongst Cézembrian
citizens as it sees fit.", so you could add my name to the ballot but then in my view I could still assign these seats to someone else (or reassign them if I were to resign as Mol'E), even if Im not planning to do so.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

xpb

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on June 11, 2021, 06:03:45 PM
Quote from: xpb on June 10, 2021, 10:17:19 AM

Well my argument is really that according to the constitution " Each party will receive a number of
seats, equal to the number of high quotients it received.
Each party may divide its seats amongst Cézembrian
citizens as it sees fit.", so you could add my name to the ballot but then in my view I could still assign these seats to someone else (or reassign them if I were to resign as Mol'E), even if Im not planning to do so.

Thanks - I will add your name with that understanding.  My proclamation has not been approved by the Crown or its representatives, thus it may not come to pass at any rate.

xpb

Update 12 June

l'Etats

@Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù as representative of LCC - The League of Centre Conservatives
@X. Pol Briga as representative of B - Balançeu / Balance
@Ián Tamorán as representative of FD - the Free Democrats of Talossa
@Glüc da Dhi S.H. as representative of P - the Partisan party

All elected lead officials would have the option to split seats won among others representing their party.  The most any one person can hold is 6 seats.

All other citizens have been contacted via email as to whether they wish to stand for office in the election, but there have been no additional positive responses as of yet, with note that Ián S.G. Txaglh stating as not to stand for potential election to the next session.

Le Sénéchal

@X. Pol Briga who will withdraw from candidacy should any other citizen of Cézembre desire the office such that if only one should stand then they would be elected immediately as per provisions of the CAG, otherwise if there were yet another additional candidate then there would be an election.