LEGISLATING FIX TWO: Separate Cosă and Senäts debates

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, April 03, 2021, 01:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Of course there's an option for amendments in between, but then it would have to go back to the first chamber for those amendments to be approved.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on July 27, 2021, 04:25:48 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on July 27, 2021, 04:12:29 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on July 26, 2021, 01:49:20 PM
Is this something the Secretary of State can do?

Sorry Baron, can I do what? Clark this?

It helps to read all the posts. Haha.

The point of having an SoS is that, in practice as well as theory, the SoS tends to stick around much longer than a single Cosa term. I can't imagine the chaos that would ensue if every new term, someone else was in charge of running the minutiae of a Clark.

I would hope that if someone really wanted to change how the Secretary of State handled the business of his office, the current Secretary of State would be asked for input.
Since I don't think anyone else is going to ask: can you do this two track system, practically speaking? Or will it require a significant shift and how things are handled, and thus need some lead in time before you could implement this? What are your thoughts?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on August 01, 2021, 04:54:45 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on July 27, 2021, 04:25:48 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on July 27, 2021, 04:12:29 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on July 26, 2021, 01:49:20 PM
Is this something the Secretary of State can do?

Sorry Baron, can I do what? Clark this?

It helps to read all the posts. Haha.

The point of having an SoS is that, in practice as well as theory, the SoS tends to stick around much longer than a single Cosa term. I can't imagine the chaos that would ensue if every new term, someone else was in charge of running the minutiae of a Clark.

I would hope that if someone really wanted to change how the Secretary of State handled the business of his office, the current Secretary of State would be asked for input.
Since I don't think anyone else is going to ask: can you do this two track system, practically speaking? Or will it require a significant shift and how things are handled, and thus need some lead in time before you could implement this? What are your thoughts?

Our current system is not capable of it.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Well, that seems an insuperable problem to immediate passage, then.  We'd be talking about not just overhauling this part of the system, but the whole way we do voting.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Any further progress of this Bill is thus dependent on the ongoing process of reforms to the Database which will make more things logistically possible.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan