Main Menu

Senate Fees for the 56th Cosa

Started by Istefan Perþonest, June 14, 2021, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Istefan Perþonest

I've received two of the three fees from our newly-elected Senators:

Martì-Paír Furxhéir has PAID IN FULL.
Breneir Itravilatx has PAID IN FULL.

I still need one from/on behalf of Ian Tamoran.

The fee is US$5, and payable via PayPal to treasury@talossa.com or stamps@talossa.com; both are addresses on the same PayPal account. Arrangements other than PayPal can be made, that's just the one that's easiest for me to process.
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ
Burgermeister of Inland Revenue

xpb

Quote from: Istefan Perþonest on June 14, 2021, 06:26:11 PM

The fee is US$5, and payable via PayPal to treasury@talossa.com or stamps@talossa.com; both are addresses on the same PayPal account. Arrangements other than PayPal can be made, that's just the one that's easiest for me to process.

May other citizens pay on behalf?  If so I can forward funds later today such that Cézembre is fully compliant. 

Ián Tamorán S.H.

Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.

xpb

Quote from: xpb on June 14, 2021, 10:44:28 PM

May other citizens pay on behalf?  If so I can forward funds later today such that Cézembre is fully compliant.

I suppose this is moot for this specific instance but it does beg the question from inland revenue whether that entity can track payments provided (with notes) on behalf of another person or party, or for example if Cézembre were to establish a treasury that would in turn pay for said fees? 

IF we grow, and if we should continue to use election systems that have a small cost when supporting a larger population, there would not be something as regressive as a poll tax, but perhaps some kind of lottery or drawing where people put in a small wager (if they wish with no obligation to participate) on some randomly determined outcome independently verifiable (such as the last 100ths digit of a stock index on some future date) then the winner of said activity would receive half of the pot of funds and Cézembre would receive the other half?  Would inland revenue be able to establish a specific Cézembre account within the ledgers?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: xpb on June 15, 2021, 10:26:51 AM
some kind of lottery or drawing

Lotteries are currently illegal under El Lexhatx A.1 which incorporates Wisconsin statute 945. Hopefully we'll have that repealed soon though.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Istefan Perþonest

Quote from: xpb on June 14, 2021, 10:44:28 PM

As can be seen the in the trimmed version of my original post quoted above, I see no reason that people couldn't pay on behalf of a Senator in the general case, even if it's moot in this case.
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ

Istefan Perþonest

Official notification that I've received the fee for Ian Tamoran.

Ian Tamoran has PAID IN FULL.
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ