A14 Adoption of Breton / Brezhoneg as an official language of Cézembre

Started by xpb, July 13, 2021, 09:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

Oyez! Oyez! Oyez!
@Ián Tamorán and pending a 2nd representative for 5 FD seats
@Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù LCC
@Glüc da Dhi S.H. P

The following legislation is submitted for official discussion and possible amendment through 19 July 2021 after which there will be a voting period beginning 20 July until 11 voted seats are in favor of the measure or a plurality by 3 August.  RAK discussion in draft maybe found at https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=868.0

A14 Adoption of Breton / Brezhoneg as an official language of Cézembre

Cézembre is located in the region of Brittany, near to that peninsula flowing into the Atlantic sea and the English Channel in north west France, and

Whereas
Cézembre has adopted the historic flag of Brittany, and

Whereas
Brittany is the traditional homeland of the Breton people as one of the six Celtic nations, and

Whereas
Breton is also the name of the language of the Breton people, and

Whereas in CAG Article 5.
The sole historic and national language of the entire Talossan people, and therefore of the Cézembrian Province, is the Talossan language (el glhetg Talossan).
The Cézembrian government shall also recognise English and French as useful working second languages, and may adopt tertiary working languages by law.

Be it resolved that
The Cézembrian government shall recognize Breton as a tertiary working language.

Ureu q'estadra sa,

@X. Pol Briga

xpb

xpb

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Sorry, I struggle with English and french let alone talossan, I dread to add another language I cant speak to that list.

I will Abstain.
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

xpb

We are at
Per 3
Non 0
Aus 3

With
9 assigned seats and potentially 5 yet unassigned seats yet to vote.

As I proposed the legislation it would be theoretically possible yet inappropriate for it to pass on just my vote -- so I look forward to some response from
@Ián Tamorán and (perhaps) a pending a 2nd representative for 5 seats
And/or
@Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

I'd have to abstain as well I'm afraid. I applaud the attempt at expanding the Cézembrean culture, but three languages is probably enough, especially since I'm not aware of any Cézembrean citizen who actually speaks Breton.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

xpb

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on July 29, 2021, 03:26:13 PM
I'd have to abstain as well I'm afraid. I applaud the attempt at expanding the Cézembrean culture, but three languages is probably enough, especially since I'm not aware of any Cézembrean citizen who actually speaks Breton.

within the RAK discussion of the Draft at https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=868.0
@Ián Tamorán indicates that he does speak a bit of Breton and showed interest in this measure, but was last active on these boards on 12 July.  Perhaps he will chime in prior to 3 August.

We are at
Per 3
Non 0
Aus 6

With 6 assigned seats and potentially 5 yet unassigned seats yet to vote.

My thought is that if there are no other Per votes other than mine as the sponsor that this would revert back to the RAK for future consideration.  I will wait to call up any other measure until this one is decided, and may recycle the Amendment number if it does not come to fruition.

I am certainly not very familiar with languages other than English und ein bisschen Deutsch
but making an attempt to bring in Breton for fun with the RAK, even as slang.

RAK = shortened form of the Breton raktresoù-lezenn, as a method to list proposed legislation, projet de loi, proxhet for the CAG ( CÉZEMBREAN ADMINISTRATION GUIDE )  [https://glosbe.com/en/br?CMT CÉZEMBREAN MELESTRADUREZH TEUL]

To "put something on the RAK" will be to introduce items for discussion prior to posting and decision in sessions of l'Etats, similar to the hopper for the Ziu, and where some such RAK may also rise to the level of referral by l'Etats for a poll of all Cézembreans.

xpb

It appears our Lord Warden may have current limitations on participation in l'Etats, just as I have within the Cosa.  Ian has not responded to email or board postings thus even with his support during the draft phase I cannot in good concience move this forward with only my Per votes and all others Auseneu.  This matter will now be tabled to perhaps be reintroduced at a yet to be scheduled time (apologies for any typos/formatting only have phone access currently)

xpb

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on July 29, 2021, 03:26:13 PMI'd have to abstain as well I'm afraid. I applaud the attempt at expanding the Cézembrean culture, but three languages is probably enough, especially since I'm not aware of any Cézembrean citizen who actually speaks Breton.

Perhaps there is some familiarity by the prospective citizen @þerxh?
Or perhaps you also understand Syldavian?

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: xpb on May 07, 2023, 09:04:16 AM
Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on July 29, 2021, 03:26:13 PMI'd have to abstain as well I'm afraid. I applaud the attempt at expanding the Cézembrean culture, but three languages is probably enough, especially since I'm not aware of any Cézembrean citizen who actually speaks Breton.

Unfortunately I have never learnt any Breton. 'Brezhoneg' is actually linked to the western part of Brittany, and 'Gallo' is the Cézembre région local language, much easier as it is a Romance language originating from Latin also. I don't speak Gallo either..
Syldavian is only spoken by very jealous natives, who never wanted to share their knowledge with foreigners.. A famous belgian reporter managed to bring back one touristic leaflet with some translation hints (and some inspirational apophthegm), but no real such thing as l'Översteir for el Glheþ.
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

xpb

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on May 07, 2023, 10:44:25 AM
Quote from: xpb on May 07, 2023, 09:04:16 AM

Unfortunately I have never learnt any Breton. 'Brezhoneg' is actually linked to the western part of Brittany, and 'Gallo' is the Cézembre région local language, much easier as it is a Romance language originating from Latin also. I don't speak Gallo either..
Syldavian is only spoken by very jealous natives, who never wanted to share their knowledge with foreigners.. A famous belgian reporter managed to bring back one touristic leaflet with some translation hints (and some inspirational apophthegm), but no real such thing as l'Översteir for el Glheþ.

Thank you for the local insight!  I had not heard of Gallo - https://theculturetrip.com/europe/france/articles/11-dying-languages-in-france/ indicates that while about 200k speak the Celtic related Breton, that perhaps 28k speak Gallo.

xpb

I note that the boat in this image has the flag similar to Pays de St. Malo.  While Cézembre currently adapts the flag of all of Brittany, might it be somewhat more appropriate to have a more local flag given the potential language differences in the Gallo region?

þerxh Sant-Enogat

The current flag of our beloved province is the Gwen Ha Du, which -despite its recent history - represents all parts of Brittany regardless of regional languages. As I discovered in following page (sorry in French) the black stripes are for the "gallo-speaking" areas including Saint Malo (between quotes as there are very few remaining speakers of the language).

https://www.bretagne.com/fr/la-bretagne/sa-culture/ses-symboles/gwen-ha-du-le-drapeau-breton

We may want to change our flag, but I don't think it should be based on the language or the closest city. Happy to investigate common symbols between Talossan and Brittonic history if needed !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sénéchal de Cézembre,

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Sénéchal de Cézembre,