[Tdi] Talomat offline for the time being

Started by luc, January 11, 2020, 02:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

Hello all, just a quick post mainly for those who might have wanted to access the Talomat - mostly because I was asked if I would keep it online, so I guess there's some interest in that?

I've made up my mind and will switch from a Xeon E5450 based machine to a relatively newer platform for my self-hosted server*. This means that Talomat, which was hosted on that machine, is offline as I try to sell parts to finance the next build. If anyone needed to access the data, for the purpose of analysis or even pure curiosity, please contact me.

(*: For those who are interested in hardware, I'm very tempted to go for an Ivy Bridge era small form factor prebuilt, mostly for the small footprint and affordability, and mod the hell out of it with an i7 3770 and 32 GB of RAM so I can have multiple services on different VMs.)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Ian Plätschisch

I wasn't even thinking about the possibility of analyzing the data until now. Were individual responses recorded?

Sir Lüc

No, although I would like to offer people the possiblity of submitting their scores anonymously in the future.

What can be analysed, although I'll admit it's less interesting, is how similar were the answers of the parties to each other, in which areas certain parties agree the most, etc.; it's something I did fiddle with in late November, but I didn't bother finishing it and publishing due to 1) general lack of interest in this kind of stuff, and 2) beginning of serious work on Wittenberg.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă