News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Is Talossa boring and annoying?

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, August 22, 2021, 04:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 23, 2021, 06:03:24 PM
Anyway, there's an elephant in the room that is being ignored. And that is that we are at the end of a long cycle of political struggle which has lasted since the start of the last Cosa. The losing side are tired, exhausted, and resentful at the people who switched sides just at the point we could have won. And the last thing we want is the representative of the winning side coming up with a list of what we should be doing. Many of us are not sure we want to keep doing Talossa at all under this King.

We might get over that feeling, but give us time and stop trying to dance on the graves of our hopes for Talossa.

As to rediscovering our roots, we still need a formal introduction to Talossan history and culture which newcomers are required to familiarise themselves with. I found myself unsure when the drama re: I. Canún broke out and had to scour OldWitt to find out, that's how much we've become forgetful.

I am nearing the end of a first draft of my thoughts on Talossa through the end of 1982.  I'll send you a copy.

Audrada Roibeardet

Yes, Talossa is boring most of the time. I wouldn't say it's annoying.

So why do I stick around? I think Talossa has the potential to be a thriving community. I'm optimistic that at some point there will be a spark that starts the expansion of our communal singularity. It's kind of fun to speculate when and where that spark will come. That being said, there's also a non-zero chance that this whole thing will fizzle out and we'll go our separate ways.