News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Wittenberg upgraded to SMF 2.1.2

Started by Sir Lüc, September 19, 2022, 06:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

For those of us who miss the latest 59 option, here is a little hack I discovered. WHen you select unread posts, it gives you this link: http://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?action=unread. If you change the word "unread" to "recent" you get this: http://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?action=recent. This will give the most recent posts, all expanded and easy to read.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Sir Lüc

So folks, what of the following functions do you often use/would you like to use?

- "Latest 59" (wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?action=recent)
- Unread posts (wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?action=unread)
- Updated topics (wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?action=unreadreplies)

Just so I can take informed choices when designing the theme?
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Latest 59 is one I used the most.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The first two. "Updated topics" never seems to have anything in it for me and I'm not sure what its algorithm is.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 06, 2022, 02:25:19 PMThe first two. "Updated topics" never seems to have anything in it for me and I'm not sure what its algorithm is.
It's threads you have previously participated in and have gotten new posts since.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

Sir Lüc

Small notification: the auto embed is misbehaving and has been removed. Thank you Glüc for noticing.

Pasting links to videos will no longer auto embed them; you can manually embed videos using the YouTube button.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Lüc on October 06, 2022, 02:54:51 AMSo folks, what of the following functions do you often use/would you like to use?

- "Latest 59" (wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?action=recent)
- Unread posts (wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?action=unread)
- Updated topics (wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?action=unreadreplies)

Just so I can take informed choices when designing the theme?

I've been a user of unread posts for years. That's the only way I get my Talossan fix every day.

Sir Lüc

FWIW, the current version of the (new) theme has all three links readily accessible, so people can just choose whatever they like best ^^
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

Hello, it's been a while since my last updates on the new theme. Progress has slowed down mostly due to my own academic pursuits, but the theme does exist and is functional - but it's not 100% finished, which means some scattered ugliness as I try to bend SMF to my will. (Let's just say that I now understand why there's so few 2.1 themes out there that go beyond a simple CSS edit...)

Anyhow, I've decided it's probably best if I released the theme to public consumption as a sort of public beta, with the understanding that it's not meant to be the finished product and I'm looking for feedback so I can tackle the most urgent issues/sore spots first.

If you want to take part in the public beta, just select the theme for yourself in your settings, or ping me here and I will enable it for you.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

Oh, I should say -- the new theme is "LWT".
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

I'm pleased to see The Latest 59 again!
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Any chance of a "light mode" in the LWT theme?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

GV

Lüc, aside from the file backup download functionality you implemented in late 2019 or early 2020, which I use to archive Witt for the Royal Archives, I am not a huge user or tinkerer with Wittenberg.

In my historical research, I've discovered the existence of a very short-lived BBS before the first forum labled 'Wittenberg', which means 'Wittenberg XIV' probably has the wrong number.  Too late to change that now, lol.  That BBS I think was mentioned in the nigh-on complete Stot archive from 1996-1999.

I say to you, Lüc, do nothing in Talossa but Witt administration.  I'm very serious on this.  Do nothing but Witt-admin.  We don't want you getting burned out again. 

A thousand thanks to you and profound appreciation for your continuing work with Talossa! - GV

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on November 25, 2022, 06:09:04 PMAny chance of a "light mode" in the LWT theme?

Yes, that will come when the dark theme is fully implemented. I'd first want to see if I can do it "properly" with a switch you can toggle from the top bar, otherwise I'll just clone the theme and call it a day, as was the case with the old SMF 2.0 theme.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

New theme looks great!  Witt logo looks weirdly busier -- wonder if that's just because it's larger here.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein