Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Voting

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, December 17, 2021, 02:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Are we allowed to change our vote?

Ah, I see in RONR:

"A member has the right to change her vote on a motion until the result of the vote has been announced by the presiding officer."

Oh well, waiting for the veto then.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Yes, up until Clark deadline

Amazing that your party campaigned in the last election on supporting the Original Compromise, then you voted against it, THEN you voted against this watered down version. Well has it been said that, in politics, being utterly shameless is a superpower.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on December 17, 2021, 02:24:38 PM

Amazing that your party campaigned in the last election on supporting the Original Compromise, then you voted against it, THEN you voted against this watered down version. Well has it been said that, in politics, being utterly shameless is a superpower.

@King John, I for one, will be requesting you veto this bill.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Why though?

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on May 03, 2021, 07:52:03 PM
We are Talossan political parties and intervals who represent the whole range of opinion on the Constitutional issue, from monarchist to republican and everywhere in between.

We believe that the time has come for a historic compromise which settles the question for a Talossan generation or more. Talossa has other, better things to debate.

We believe that the "Talossa Shall Choose Its King Amendment" (proposed to the last Cosă as RZ21) meets the qualifications to be precisely that compromise.

We are disappointed that His Majesty King John vetoed this proposal, and we pledge that - if it is re-presented to the next Coså - we will vote for it.

Despite our disagreements on other issues, we hope, between us, to win sufficient support in the current election to thus at least present this Historic Compromise to the people in referendum, over the Royal veto.

Long live the Kingdom of Talossa!

Signed:

E. S. Börnatfiglheu for the New Peculiar Way
T. E. Davinescù for the Free Democrats of Talossa
B. Itravilatx for the Talossan National Congress
M. E. P. Tafial per el Parti Tafialistà

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

xpb

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on December 17, 2021, 02:23:33 PM

Ah, I see in RONR:

"A member has the right to change her vote on a motion until the result of the vote has been announced by the presiding officer."

Question of the law -- if anyone happens to know : since there are a number of seats per voter, does it remain possible for a vote to be split upon some number of seats in a block as for, and some amount against, and/or some in abstention?

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: xpb on December 17, 2021, 03:42:04 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on December 17, 2021, 02:23:33 PM

Ah, I see in RONR:

Question of the law -- if anyone happens to know : since there are a number of seats per voter, does it remain possible for a vote to be split upon some number of seats in a block as for, and some amount against, and/or some in abstention?
Org.VII.9 explicitly limits MCs to voting for, against, or abstaining.  There's no alternative that allows splitting your vote among different options.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on December 17, 2021, 02:33:51 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on December 17, 2021, 02:24:38 PM

@King John, I for one, will be requesting you veto this bill.

Id like to hear your reasoning because it's very confusing, your change of heart? Is the bill too strong or too weak? If it's too strong why were you so upset when a far more hardline position was posed in the TSCIK act, that was vetoed? If it's too weak why did you not bring this up before it went to vote? Do we not have the hopper for this very purpose? If you felt so strongly bout bills of this nature would you not have wanted to have a say in how it was written and worded?
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre