News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Happy Festivus!

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, December 23, 2021, 03:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

At Chez Tzaracomprada, we just completed the feats of strength and the airing of grievances. Unfortunately, our steel pole is stuck in the Great Supply Chain Omnishambles of 2021. I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday created on a show about nothing (Seinfeld.)

Festivus is a pretty goofy and zany holiday which might be eligible for Talossification. Might Talossa create a Golden Week of holidays like they do in Japan?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

xpb

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on December 23, 2021, 03:36:20 PM
At Chez Tzaracomprada, we just completed the feats of strength and the airing of grievances. Unfortunately, our steel pole is stuck in the Great Supply Chain Omnishambles of 2021. I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday created on a show about nothing (Seinfeld.)

Festivus is a pretty goofy and zany holiday which might be eligible for Talossification. Might Talossa create a Golden Week of holidays like they do in Japan?

Perhaps a week nestled around Grecian Delight Remembrance / Landmark Day 3rd Monday in January, upcoming 17 Jan 2022 and
20 January: Penguin Awareness Day.
21 January: Squirrel Appreciation Day
?

Breneir Tzaracomprada

That is a good idea.
There would be a nice string of connected holidays from 19-21 and 22 if a Talossan Festivus were added. It would be unique as it would be celebrated a month later than the external world celebrates it.
That would make a nice winter golden week of holidays.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Well, the Winter Solstice is usually on December 21st, so that could be added to the week.

Dec 20: ?
Dec 21: Winter Solstice (Solstiçă da þivereu)
Dec 22: ?
Dec 23: Festivus (Festiveu?)
Dec 24: Christmas Eve (Oïc'hă del Natal)
Dec 25: Christmas (Natal) / Dependence Day (Ziuă dal Dependençù)
Dec 26: Independence Day (Ziuă dal Independençù)
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!