News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

RIP Brook Gläfke 1958-2019

Started by GV, December 28, 2021, 06:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

Just now, I received an inscrutable email, which I add to the end of this post.  That email will explain why I'm making this post now.  Talossans are dying, and we barely know when it happens.

Brook's obituary: https://www.startribune.com/obituaries/detail/0000326482/

I met Brook the once: TalossaFest 2003 at Lytheria in Milwaukee.  He seemed to be a jovial and nice man.  He also was clearly the character TNN et al made him out to be.  The place where he would always stay in Milwaukee was called 'the Brook Motel'.

Brook's flourishing in Talossa was alongside JJ with the latter's Talossan National Party.  No party leader seems to have had a more loyal subordinate, and second only JJ himself, Brook is probably mentioned more times in TNN than anyone else, including even Ben and Davron.

Rest in peace, Brook. 

+ + +

Hello, I would like to count on your collaboration to pay a small tribute to William Holbrook Glaefke (Brook Gläfke), who as you know passed away in 2019.

I am trying to locate the only piece of information that appears about "Yevolkian Free State" that he apparently communicated in 1985 to the King of Talossa.

The information that appears in some publications is so vague that I want to know from the first source, Talossa, if they could provide me with more information about Yevolkian.

Thanks a lot!!
Gabriel Medina Vilchez
[address redacted]
GRANADA
SPAIN

C. M. Siervicül

Sad news. RIP, Brook, and Semper Fi! I'd call for a PD of mourning, but I don't know if we do those anymore.

Thanks for letting us know, GV.

GV

Quote from: C. M. Siervicül on December 28, 2021, 07:04:47 PM
Sad news. RIP, Brook, and Semper Fi! I'd call for a PD of mourning, but I don't know if we do those anymore.

Thanks for letting us know, GV.

If this were during my time, the PD of mourning would have been photo-filled with lots of detail from Ben and JJ.  Happily, modern practice is to proclaim a day of mourning.  I strongly expect I was the one who put to bed the practice of prime-dictating governments and what-not.  lol

I'll have to read JJ's works to be sure, but I strongly suspect Brook was in Talossa solely because he happened to know JJ in the Marines.  As to his flourishing, I put that as ca. 1985-1990, possibly coinciding with JJ's coming-out (which is common Talossan knowledge).

It was fun meeting Brook, and I miss the Talossan Old-Growthers.