[Chancery] Electoral Commission - 57th Cosa General Election

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, January 26, 2022, 12:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

As we approach the start of the final Clark of the 56th Cosa, and pursuant to El Lex B.13.2., it falls to me as the Secretary of State to establish an Electoral Commission. The relevant portion of El. Lex is below:

QuoteThe Electoral Commission shall be comprised of one Uppermost Cort justice to be appointed by the Cort, one Senator whose term will not expire at the conclusion of the Cosa term to be appointed by the Mençei, and one member to be appointed by the King upon recommendation of the Seneschal, pursuant to the following subsections. The Secretary of State shall be a permanent ex officio member of the Commission, and shall not be entitled to a vote nor affect quorum.

Therefore, I ask @King John in consultation with The Seneschal, @Txoteu Davinescu, the Mençei @Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu, appoint their chosen member.

I will consult as well with the Uppermost Cort to determine which member shall join the Electoral Commission.

As the next General Election is quickly approaching, I will need to consult with the EC to establish the rules of the election as soon as I can.

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretary of State
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN

The Cort Pü Inalt having met amongst itself, and after due and careful consideration does hereby unanimously nominate:

Puisne Justice @Istefan Perþonest as the Cort Pü Inalt's nominee for the Electoral Commission.

Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN
Senior Justice 
Cort Pü Inalt
Litz Cjantscheir LLB, LLM
Senior Justice/Judge of the Cort Pü Inalt

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Azul,
With the changing of the guard in the FreeDems, it gives me a chance to do a first for me. I will be serving as the Seneschal Appointee to the Electoral Commission.

Respectfully,
General Davinescu, O.SPM
Seneschal of Talossa
The Most Honourable General Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Senator for Maricopa, Kingdom of Talossa

All members of the EC have been sent an email with important information. There is a small typo in the original email in regards to the link to the election rules. My apologies.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

The Electoral Commission, having been duly formed and consulted on the election rules for the 57th Cosa General Election certifies that the rules published at

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretary of State
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

The Chancery has become aware, upon a close reading of El. Lex, of a disqualification condition that exists within the Electoral Commission.

El. Lex 13.2.2 reads "No person shall be eligible to serve on the Commission who is an officer of any registered or unregistered political party, or who plans to or is a candidate for election to the Senäts in the upcoming election."

During the declaration period when the various officials were appointing their members, the Chancery confirmed with each one of the appointees that they would not be running in the upcoming Senäts election. This included Txoteu Davinescu, who specifically assured me he was not running, but hoped that in the future El. Lex could be updated to change this restriction.

13 days after he appointed himself to the Electoral Commission, he declared his candidacy for the Senäts in Maricopa, which created a disqualifying condition.

@S:reu Davinescu is not eligible to serve on the Electoral Commission due to disqualification. Therefore, within the next 24 hours, S:reu Davinescu needs to notify the Chancery of a replacement, or the Chancery will attempt to appoint one.

Please note that this will in no way affect the outcome of the election, and the EC will continue to function as intended, even with only two members if the third position cannot be filled.

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretár d'Estat
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 02, 2022, 03:46:51 PM
The Chancery has become aware, upon a close reading of El. Lex, of a disqualification condition that exists within the Electoral Commission.

El. Lex 13.2.2 reads "No person shall be eligible to serve on the Commission who is an officer of any registered or unregistered political party, or who plans to or is a candidate for election to the Senäts in the upcoming election."

During the declaration period when the various officials were appointing their members, the Chancery confirmed with each one of the appointees that they would not be running in the upcoming Senäts election. This included Txoteu Davinescu, who specifically assured me he was not running, but hoped that in the future El. Lex could be updated to change this restriction.

13 days after he appointed himself to the Electoral Commission, he declared his candidacy for the Senäts in Maricopa, which created a disqualifying condition.

@S:reu Davinescu is not eligible to serve on the Electoral Commission due to disqualification. Therefore, within the next 24 hours, S:reu Davinescu needs to notify the Chancery of a replacement, or the Chancery will attempt to appoint one.

Please note that this will in no way affect the outcome of the election, and the EC will continue to function as intended, even with only two members if the third position cannot be filled.

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretár d'Estat

Due to unforeseen consequences that could not have been expected, the Chancery is forced to leave vacant the third position on the Electoral Commission. The Secretary of State does not have the ability to modify the database to allow access to the votes, as required by law.

As is well known, the Chancery does not fully control the database and has no access to the back end. When the creator of the database is unfortunately indisposed, these types of problems arise.

My apologies, but a majority of the EC still exists and will proceed with the certification.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal