News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Whose record needs defending in this election?

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, March 16, 2022, 04:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The record of Miestra Schiva, Free Democrats candidate for Seneschál, as Distáin, Attorney-General and Interior Minister in the 56th Cosa:

• applied for and successfully received membership in the Talossan Bar;
  • increased the powers of the Legislative Review Committee, to improve the quality of Talossan legislation;
  • successfully replaced Wisconsin law in Talossan statues with an indigenous improvement;
  • proposed several Organic Law amendments which received serious cross-party support;
  • revived the monthly Government newsletter La C'hronica, emailed to all citizens.;
  • initiated a New Citizen's Information packet;
  • revived the dormant ID cards programme, solicited an excellent new design, and began work on a Civics Quiz;
  • restarted the TalossAssistant programme;
  • and most importantly, when Seneschal Davinescu was unable to perform his duties, Miestra took up the slack, and fronted up to the people of Talossa taking responsibility (something which our political opponents seem to think is a bad and shameful thing, to gloat about in nasty emails)

The record of Breneir Tzaracomprada, TNC candidate for Seneschál, as leader of the main Opposition party in the 56th Cosa:

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 16, 2022, 07:10:12 PM
You guys forgot about this PD

You can't just tell lies and expect people to believe it. Well, I suppose you can, but you shouldn't. You also can't accuse other people of running a "nasty negative campaign" when your entire campaign is a personalised attack on a single individual, myself, to the point where your campaign material is quotes from my posts.

In contrast, the Free Democrat campaign is on two main positive platforms:

• Finally enact monarchy reform, so the King might face some accountability for dishing out power to flatterers and cronies;
  • Cut red-and-green tape, so Governments can do something with less effort and stress.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on March 16, 2022, 07:19:49 PM
your campaign material is quotes from my posts.
Generally, I'd say that whenever the incumbent makes multiple big speeches acknowledging how badly their Government has failed, quoting them is fair game.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

There are certainly no rewards for being the one to take responsibility for a collective failing. If you're the one who puts your hands up to salvage what can be salvaged, then you make yourself the target for those who want to practice the politics of personal destruction (while projecting, Trump/Putin-style).

It's actually personally hurtful, but perhaps not so much as the putrid misogyny. "Bottomless maw", indeed. Why not just use the C-word, for heaven's sake. I again ask the nation if they want that as their Seneschal.