Application for a Coat of Arms

Started by Tric'hard Lenxheir, March 11, 2022, 11:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tric'hard Lenxheir

1. What is my name? Tric'hard Lenxheir

2. What is your request? If it so please the Squirrel King of Arms, I request the assistance of the College in designing and obtaining arms for myself and my lawful heirs.

3. What is your favourite colour? Blue NO...PURPLE AAARRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding, my favourite colour is purple.
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on March 12, 2022, 10:44:17 AM
Did I do this wrong?

No I think it is done right. We are just waiting on the Dean to accept your request.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

As proxy for the Dean, I hereby assign the Rogue Elephant Herald, @Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM , to handle this request.

-Noir Raven Herald
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Would it be possible that as I am about to run a national election tomorrow to have the task assigned to a different member?

-REH
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Absolutely. In that case, I'll assign it to myself, the Noir Raven Herald.

-NRH
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

After consulting with the applicant, we've worked out a fairly simple design.  Purpure, a dragon sejant affronty upon a spoked wheel all Argent.

If there are no objections, then I guess it's on to the Dean!

-NRH

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Purpure per se is not an acceptable colour here in Talossa.
So probably the Blue/Azure taht was expressed earlier may be considered.

In its present form, it doesn't pass muster. 
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Purpure is discouraged, but not prohibited, and the applicant expressed it as being their only preference.

-NRH

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 30, 2022, 10:24:37 PM
Purpure is discouraged, but not prohibited, and the applicant expressed it as being their only preference.

On this I'd be a stickler for rules.
If it's a question of being discouraged, the prospective armiger was never discouraged on that score.
Secondly, he first said Blue and then choose Purple. So there's anyways an affinity to Blue.
On the choice of discouraged colours, I'd probably like to grant them only to such candidates who claims certain affinity based on education, regionalism or something similar and which cannot be replaced.

Many an armiger here might want to replace charges and or colour if them were permitted in the present case. Strict interpretation have been used in the past, and ideally should continue.
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on March 31, 2022, 03:10:54 AM

If it's a question of being discouraged, the prospective armiger was never discouraged on that score.
Secondly, he first said Blue and then choose Purple. So there's anyways an affinity to Blue.
On the choice of discouraged colours, I'd probably like to grant them only to such candidates who claims certain affinity based on education, regionalism or something similar and which cannot be replaced.

Many an armiger here might want to replace charges and or colour if them were permitted in the present case. Strict interpretation have been used in the past, and ideally should continue.
I'll respect your decision. But if this is the case, then we should amend the rules to indicate that purpure is actually a forbidden tincture unless the applicant has a specific and demonstrable affiliation with the color. Currently the rules only say that it should be "mildly discouraged," so you're proposing a pretty significant change.

I think the thing where he said another color first was a reference to Monty Python, by the way.

-NRH

Tric'hard, I'll do up a different emblazonment with azure later today for you.

-NRH

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 31, 2022, 05:57:56 AM
Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on March 31, 2022, 03:10:54 AM

I'll respect your decision. But if this is the case, then we should amend the rules to indicate that purpure is actually a forbidden tincture unless the applicant has a specific and demonstrable affiliation with the color. Currently the rules only say that it should be "mildly discouraged," so you're proposing a pretty significant change.

I think the thing where he said another color first was a reference to Monty Python, by the way.

-NRH

You are correct on the Monty Python reference. That being said, nothing about this process is that important Azure will be fine.