Presenting Vol. 1 of the Talossan Book of Cuisine!

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, March 17, 2022, 12:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Vol. 1 of the Talossan Book of Cuisine is here!
Please read and cook to your heart and stomach's delight.

First, thanks must be given to our first group of contributors:
@Iason Taiwos, who also helped proofread the final draft and provided the cover photo of Cjovani food. @Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, @xpb, @Ian Plätschisch, @Tric'hard Lenxheir and Vitxalmour Conductour also provided photos and recipes to this first volume.

This first edition is a slim one but this is just a beginning. Hopefully, you will enjoy this first edition so much that you will be moved to contribute to the next volume. And then work will begin on Volume 2.

The cookbook can be accessed here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ajOZLr6CRr_scAS9TyUdhc3uFo9wY2HA/view?usp=sharing
Feedback is welcome.
And if you happen to cook one of the recipes please feel free to post pictures and reviews here in this thread.

-Breneir

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Anyone who has issues with downloading please let me know.
The file was too large to attach here on Wittenberg so I went with a Google Drive link.
Also, of course, so begins the call for recipes for Volume 2. :)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

It would not be too onerous a task to publish this cookbook using the tools provided by Amazon in e-book and print book creation. All of my writing (my two novels and my book of plays) are published using this platform.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on March 17, 2022, 03:45:00 PM
It would not be too onerous a task to publish this cookbook using the tools provided by Amazon in e-book and print book creation. All of my writing (my two novels and my book of plays) are published using this platform.

Thank you Mr. Secretary, that is a great idea. Do you know if the National Library is a standalone online institution or if it is connected with the TalossaWiki? Talossan published works might be an awesome inclusion in the National Library.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 17, 2022, 03:51:41 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on March 17, 2022, 03:45:00 PM

Thank you Mr. Secretary, that is a great idea. Do you know if the National Library is a standalone online institution or if it is connected with the TalossaWiki? Talossan published works might be an awesome inclusion in the National Library.
So I created the library on the wiki as a place to easily keep track of everything, since we were starting to lose poems and stories and things. I'm sure we did still miss things along the way, but it also preserved a great deal. Separately and also excellently, GV has a large Google drive of different primary documents that he's collected over the years. There's a lot of overlap. We've never really bothered to formally sort it out, since I think that GV has created more of a research archive and the wiki has more of a consumer library.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

The Library of Talossa is part of the Wiki: http://wiki.talossa.com/TalossaWiki:Library
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 17, 2022, 03:55:18 PM

So I created the library on the wiki as a place to easily keep track of everything, since we were starting to lose poems and stories and things. I'm sure we did still miss things along the way, but it also preserved a great deal. Separately and also excellently, GV has a large Google drive of different primary documents that he's collected over the years. There's a lot of overlap. We've never really bothered to formally sort it out, since I think that GV has created more of a research archive and the wiki has more of a consumer library.

It's a shame that some of the works on the site aren't linked. I know I'd personally enjoy perusing the "stacks."
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on March 17, 2022, 04:43:28 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 17, 2022, 03:55:18 PM

It's a shame that some of the works on the site aren't linked. I know I'd personally enjoy perusing the "stacks."

Ah, Beric'ht Talossan! I'd almost forgotten about that gem of journalism. Ok, I am going to get lost looking through all of this!
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on March 17, 2022, 04:43:28 PM
I think almost everything that's actually available is linked or directly uploaded to the wiki.

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on March 17, 2022, 04:46:09 PM

Ah, Beric'ht Talossan! I'd almost forgotten about that gem of journalism. Ok, I am going to get lost looking through all of this!
You're too kind!  Yes, those were good days.  Exhausting, though!  Never missed a deadline, largest staff in Talossan history, first corporation, and went for two years straight releasing an issue every fortnight.  Difficult stuff.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I know Talossa has election fever currently but I am bumping this...because I'm proud of it and want as many people as possible to see it. <3

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Ian Plätschisch I keep looking at the picture of the Pork Sausage and Marmalade sandwich...
The fact that you put the marmalade on the end side of the bread really bothers me...

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 18, 2022, 01:48:56 PM
@Ian Plätschisch I keep looking at the picture of the Pork Sausage and Marmalade sandwich...
The fact that you put the marmalade on the end side of the bread really bothers me...

If we're being honest here, the whole idea of combining marmalade and sausage seems off to me!
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on March 18, 2022, 01:50:26 PM

If we're being honest here, the whole idea of combining marmalade and sausage seems off to me!

Yes lol! The whole thing causes me to twitch

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 18, 2022, 01:51:07 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on March 18, 2022, 01:50:26 PM

It was actually really good!

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on March 18, 2022, 04:10:12 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 18, 2022, 01:51:07 PM

It was actually really good!

I'm genuinely surprised by this

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight