News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Moderator Abuse

Started by Açafat del Val, March 18, 2022, 02:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Açafat del Val

This is, despite the title, not about our esteemed Secretary of State (that is a genuine compliment), but about Brenier. Please see the below.

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 18, 2022, 02:19:46 PM
Hi folks,

This is not a debating chamber. This is the office of the sitting Florencian senator.

Please take continued debate into another thread.

He just deleted an entire string of comments that were critical of him personally, and I find that to be incredibly abusive, not least because it violates my Talossan rights against censorship by the government. A proper form of remedy would have been moving the comments, or locking the thread, or any number of other decisions, other than summarily deleting them.

More to the point, he just chilled my political speech while acting (1) as a Witt moderator and (2) a publicly elected official.

Besides bringing this to public attention, if the comments are not reinstated elsewhere, I will be filing for emergency relief in the Corts. There is an ongoing election, and I am entitled as a matter of Organic right to be heard – however unfavorable to Brenier my comments may be – whenever I may have something political to say against the leader of a major political party.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like he is actively moving them to a new thread right now?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Açafat del Val

Please show me where.

The below quote contains a link to my original comment, which leads nowhere, because it was deleted.

Quote from: Açafat del Val on March 18, 2022, 01:46:43 PM
Quote from: Mic'haglh Autófil on March 18, 2022, 12:53:49 PM
Actually, I have drafted a constitution that merges the two extant provincial constitutions (as well as a second extra draft, on the feedback from S:reu Tzaracomprada, that takes the initial draft and makes it into a directorate). These drafts lift parts of both the Benitian and Florencian constitutions, sometimes word-for-word, sometimes not. If you would like, I can send you links for either or both.

Yes, please.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Açafat del Val on March 18, 2022, 02:39:18 PM
Please show me where.

The below quote contains a link to my original comment, which leads nowhere, because it was deleted.

Actually, I have drafted a constitution that merges the two extant provincial constitutions (as well as a second extra draft, on the feedback from S:reu Tzaracomprada, that takes the initial draft and makes it into a directorate). These drafts lift parts of both the Benitian and Florencian constitutions, sometimes word-for-word, sometimes not. If you would like, I can send you links for either or both.

Yes, please.

I am actually unclear on how to move them which is why they appear to be deleted. This is my first time using moderation. I will need the assistance of, I believe, the Chancery @Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM

I DO NOT appreciate your immediate assumption that I was abusing my authority. But I am not surprised by your behavior.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I know the Secretary of State has done it as recently as yesterday.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 18, 2022, 02:45:13 PM
Please show me where.

Yes, please.

I am actually unclear on how to move them which is why they appear to be deleted. This is my first time using moderation. I will need the assistance of, I believe, the Chancery @Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM

I DO NOT appreciate your immediate assumption that I was abusing my authority. But I am not surprised by your behavior.

Were the posts DELETED or were they MOVED? It matters a great deal, in fact. Until this particular incident, I was not aware of a feature in SMF that allows me to restore deleted threads. Unfortunately, that option was turned off by the person who set Witt up. If the posts were deleted, I don't think I have the ability to restore them. Any future deleted posts can be restored.

As a general rule, we do not delete the posts of others. We may lock them, move them, or report them to admin (me) for a decision. Any abuse by a moderator may result in loss of mod privileges.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 18, 2022, 02:47:42 PM

Done what? Deleted or moved? I have not deleted any posts. I have made a few moves here and there, but it is rare when I step in and use my admin powers.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on March 18, 2022, 02:48:50 PM
Please show me where.

Yes, please.

Were the posts DELETED or were they MOVED? It matters a great deal, in fact. Until this particular incident, I was not aware of a feature in SMF that allows me to restore deleted threads. Unfortunately, that option was turned off by the person who set Witt up. If the posts were deleted, I don't think I have the ability to restore them. Any future deleted posts can be restored.

As a general rule, we do not delete the posts of others. We may lock them, move them, or report them to admin (me) for a decision. Any abuse by a moderator may result in loss of mod privileges.

They were moved but when I go into my moderation area there are no posts to be settled.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on March 18, 2022, 02:49:38 PM

Done what? Deleted or moved? I have not deleted any posts. I have made a few moves here and there, but it is rare when I step in and use my admin powers.

Moved...as in moving posts from the discussion within the Ukraine PD thread.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Açafat del Val

Please show me where.

Yes, please.

A good-faith actor would not have attempted to move comments before knowing how to do so. More to the point, a good-faith actor would have noticed that the posts were deleted immediately and spoken up, so as to avoid a presumption of bad faith. A person who isn't trying to squelch critical speech wouldn't be offended, but would recognize that the appearance of bad faith was created. See the difference?

Good-faith actors behaving with clean hands and fair dealing would say, "I am so sorry, I didn't mean to abuse my powers, let me get to this immediately"; a bad-faith actor who is sorry that they got caught would say, "I don't know what I am doing", and then fail to apologize or admit that they committed an actually illegal act.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Açafat del Val on March 18, 2022, 02:52:05 PM
Please show me where.

Yes, please.

A good-faith actor would not have attempted to move comments before knowing how to do so. More to the point, a good-faith actor would have noticed that the posts were deleted immediately and spoken up, so as to avoid a presumption of bad faith. A person who isn't trying to squelch critical speech wouldn't be offended, but would recognize that the appearance of bad faith was created. See the difference?

Good-faith actors behaving with clean hands and fair dealing would say, "I am so sorry, I didn't mean to abuse my powers, let me get to this immediately"; a bad-faith actor who is sorry that they got caught would say, "I don't know what I am doing", and then fail to apologize or admit that they committed an actually illegal act.

This is, looks at watch, a few hours of AdV's return. May Talossa endure.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 18, 2022, 02:51:14 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on March 18, 2022, 02:49:38 PM

Correct. Like I said, I rarely intervene as the administrator. I'd suggest if you're not sure how to move a post, let me know and I'll help. Let's not jump to conclusions about bad faith, etc, and I hope someone has quotes or whatever so the main points of the now missing threads are still usable in some form.

Future deleted threads will be more easy to restore, now that I've found that hidden setting.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Mr. Secretary @Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM Are you telling me that if I can't see the moderated posts in my queue then they are gone?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on March 18, 2022, 02:55:42 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 18, 2022, 02:51:14 PM

Correct. Like I said, I rarely intervene as the administrator. I'd suggest if you're not sure how to move a post, let me know and I'll help. Let's not jump to conclusions about bad faith, etc, and I hope someone has quotes or whatever so the main points of the now missing threads are still usable in some form.

Future deleted threads will be more easy to restore, now that I've found that hidden setting.

Noted. And I will consult with you before acting in the future. I wanted to move the discussion out of the Senator's Office into another thread in the Florencia sub-threads.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Açafat del Val

Because Brenier cannot stifle my speech in this subforum, I will be trying to piece back together what I wrote, particularly the parts that were critical of him, which one can only assume he didn't want anyone else to see.

And let us note very specifically that our Secretary of State, even when presented with tumultuous content, locks threads or moves them, rather than deletes them, which Brenier easily could have done.

Yes, please.

[something lost to Brenier's deletion]

I'll take that on the chin, too. If the canton doesn't represent dominion over Florencia, then fair's fair. I'll reiterate that it's still a beautiful design, though.

Quote from: Açafat del Val[I cannot replicate this yet, because Mic'haglh Autófil snipped it.

Another part, this time from Mic'haglh Autófil, that I cannot replicate yet, also because he snipped it.

It's hard for me to give a shit remain active when every instance of my passions and interests were unequivocally, unashamedly, and viscously overturned by the end of 2020. I made contributions to Florencia specifically and Talossa generally, and I think that to date most or all of them have been undone, not because they were substantively bad or even improper, but because many Talossans don't want to run a nation – they want to run their own one-man fiefs ;)

It's funny, by the way, that those folks who cry about the FreeDems' failure to govern are the same folks who squash literally any ideas that weren't theirs. (I'm talking about the TNC.)

In the case of our provinces specifically: a shared history, and to a lesser extent proximity, are what make the pairing an obvious place to start, but the why is really more of a nationwide issue at this point.

And since you have argued in another thread for enlarging Florencia instead -- ok then, it's your turn to make a convincing argument.

Here's my argument: Get rid of all provinces, including Florencia. Until then, no mergers.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia