News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Reclaiming our wayward canton

Started by Istefan Perþonest, February 13, 2020, 09:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Istefan Perþonest

Now that the attempt by Fiova to seize control of it has been thwarted, I suggest that we, the population of Benito, do everything possible to bring the secessionist canton of Florencia back into our provincial embrace.

One potential means to help secure that outcome, rather than seeing any further Frankenstein proposals like the previously-thwarted one by advocates of provincial mergers, would be to also back the dissolution of Fiova, in favor of restoration of the traditional border between Maricopa and Maritiimi-Maxhestic.
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ
Burgermeister of Inland Revenue

Sir Lüc

Well, unfortunately the Government doesn't seem keen on "mergers from above", so the dissolution of Fiovâ doesn't seem likely, only the fusion of preexisting provinces. And with KA not being very keen on mergers last time I checked, testing the waters for a FL merger could be interesting.

(Also, am I seeing Istefan Perþonest officially reneging on his own "Perþonest Plan"? :P)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Istefan Perþonest

Quote from: Lüc on March 02, 2020, 04:56:28 AM(Also, am I seeing Istefan Perþonest officially reneging on his own "Perþonest Plan"? :P)
The purpose of Fiova was to give the Republic's citizens a room of their own in the Kingdom.  Both an outside evaluation (seen from their role in the recent governments) and an inside one (measured by their own willingness to go through with the F-F merger) suggest they don't need one anymore.

So, both as the designer of the "Perþonest Plan" and as the only person to ever be Cunstavál of Fiôvâ, I'm perfectly willing to hoist a "Mission Accomplished" banner and toast Fiôvâ at its merger and/or dissolution.  That the time for something passes is oft enough a signal of success, rather than failure.
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ
Burgermeister of Inland Revenue

Miestră Schivă, UrN

This is simply not going to happen.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan