Wittmeister's Feature List

Started by Sir Lüc, December 04, 2019, 06:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eðo Grischun

Sir Luc,

I too think something like 5 or 6 lines and 12 to 14 point text size (along with the 600 character limit) would be fine.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Sevastáin Pinátsch

Five lines and 12 point sounds good to me.
Sevastáin Pinátsch, Senator for Atatürk
#KARED

Sir Lüc

Thank you for your feedback. The new settings are:

• Font size 12
  • Up to 5 lines
  • 500 characters limit
  • Up to 2 pictures
  • Up to 100px height for each picture
By the way, thank you all for your kind words. They mean a lot to me in terms of being enthusiastic and committed to this job, although they are no good for my ego. (Especially Eðo. I did nothing to deserve a knighthood.)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Lüc on December 08, 2019, 11:48:15 AM
(Especially Eðo. I did nothing to deserve a knighthood.)

Continued and outstanding service to the nation.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

If I can get the UrN despite being branded the Kingdom of Talossa's Public Enemy #1 for the first 15 years of my involvement, anyone can, lol

Anyway, back on topic. I get a notification when I'm Mentioned; can I also get one for Likes to my posts, as Oldwitt did?
Oh, I see there already is one, under my avatar - but since you don't see avatars on Latest 59, I don't see that regularly. Can it go in the top menu, near where Mentions is?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on December 08, 2019, 04:01:29 PM
Anyway, back on topic. I get a notification when I'm Mentioned; can I also get one for Likes to my posts, as Oldwitt did?
Oh, I see there already is one, under my avatar - but since you don't see avatars on Latest 59, I don't see that regularly. Can it go in the top menu, near where Mentions is?

There already is a link for likes you receive, but it's hidden - it's supposed to be below "New Posts + Replies" on the header but it's not rendered because the header bar is fixed to 100px height (edit: 60px actually). I've been mulling on a way to move that thing in a clean/pleasant way and I'll try something now.

As per *notifications* specifically, I really want to have mention-style notifications for when you are quoted and liked as well. That is not as straightforward though, but it will definitely go on the feature request list.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Lüc on December 08, 2019, 04:20:24 PM
There already is a link for likes you receive, but it's hidden - it's supposed to be below "New Posts + Replies" on the header but it's not rendered because the header bar is fixed to 100px height (edit: 60px actually). I've been mulling on a way to move that thing in a clean/pleasant way and I'll try something now.
Done!
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sevastáin Pinátsch

If I can get the UrN despite being branded the Kingdom of Talossa's Public Enemy #1 for the first 15 years of my involvement, anyone can, lol
When's the last time anyone was knighted for exceptional acts, long service, anything? The last knight-related thing I recall was a revocation.
#KARED

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Sevastáin Pinátsch on December 08, 2019, 05:20:19 PM
When's the last time anyone was knighted for exceptional acts, long service, anything? The last knight-related thing I recall was a revocation.
I think it was probably my knighthood, five years ago.  They are fairly rare.  Prior to that it was the Reunision knighthoods of Litz and Miestra, and prior to that it was Mick's knighthood for Chancery work for his four years of work.  MPF probably would have gotten one for Chancery stuff if he hadn't begun publicly demanding one as his due (only speculating, but that's my guess).
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Big anniversary at the end of this month -- I wouldn't be surprised if there were some laurels in the offing, now that we mention it.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sevastáin Pinátsch

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on December 08, 2019, 09:00:30 PM
Big anniversary at the end of this month -- I wouldn't be surprised if there were some laurels in the offing, now that we mention it.
That would be nice. Personally, I'd love to see Glüc receive some sort of nod.
#KARED

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Glüc's done great work, but I'd like to see his predecessor, the longest-ever serving SoS and the creator of our Database system, get something too

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Lüc

Shoutbox update: unfortunately all mods I found were either outdated, paid or have off-site login. For example, there's a nice shoutbox (SMFPacks Shoutbox Pro if you want to look it up) which costs 19$ one-off. Embedding Chatzy also requires a subscription though, which would be as much as 129$ per year (unsustainable).

As standard Chatzy doesn't require to buy Premium, for the time being I have added a redirect under the Chat Room board. We might need to do something custom if we don't want to pay for a shoutbox.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Quote from: Lüc on December 09, 2019, 07:48:09 AM
Shoutbox update: unfortunately all mods I found were either outdated, paid or have off-site login. For example, there's a nice shoutbox (SMFPacks Shoutbox Pro if you want to look it up) which costs 19$ one-off. Embedding Chatzy also requires a subscription though, which would be as much as 129$ per year (unsustainable).

As standard Chatzy doesn't require to buy Premium, for the time being I have added a redirect under the Chat Room board. We might need to do something custom if we don't want to pay for a shoutbox.

We could embed the Discord server, no?
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.