News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

In absentia

Started by Ián Tamorán S.H., February 25, 2020, 04:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ián Tamorán S.H.

Some of you may have noticed - but many of you will not - that I have been absent from our splendid nation for several days.  That is because I am tired.  Not tired of Talossa - perish the thought! - but physically tired.  I am now (I think) the oldest of our citizens - I was born in 1945, and will shortly be three quarters of a century old. I am trying to catch up on all those things I "should" have done earlier in my life, but "never got round to". This occupies more of my time than I anticipated, and - yes - it is tiring. For those of you that are interested (and that's possibly no-one <grin> ) I am writing my tenth book - a book I started on years ago, and which has got more and more complicated the more I research it... it's about Interstellar Travel, and it is science fact, not science fiction. I am also proofreading my nineth book - which is already published, but needs corrections in future editions... that's a book of music - mostly male-voice music from rare copies, and from printed versions that require both corrections and performance notes.

That means I do not (at the moment) have the time or the energy to give my full attention to the current/recent actives in the Cort. It would be remiss of me - very remiss - to jump in and make comments in the Cort, or outside of the Cort about legal actions, without having read and understood all that has been said since I was last here.   I recognise that the most recent case in which I gave judgement has ignited much discussion, not all of it temperate.  I would like to make some detailed comments on how I reached my decisions, and why - and I shall try to do that before the end of next month - March 2020/XVI.

I shall temporarily sign off here, with the reminder of what I have said (or hinted at) often in the past: the function of Justice is Justice, not Law. Human law is an attempt to codify Justice, but in final analysis Justice cannot fully be codified or restricted into unwavering pre-ordained channels - it is more subtle, and deeper, than that.
Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

QuoteI would like to make some detailed comments on how I reached my decisions

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Viteu

Quote from: Ián Tamorán S.H. on February 25, 2020, 04:51:17 PM
I shall temporarily sign off here, with the reminder of what I have said (or hinted at) often in the past: the function of Justice is Justice, not Law. Human law is an attempt to codify Justice, but in final analysis Justice cannot fully be codified or restricted into unwavering pre-ordained channels - it is more subtle, and deeper, than that.

Respectfully, reminder disregarded as superficial and missing the forest for the trees. I wish you had taken a more subtle, nuanced, and deeper approach to the case, but you seemed to have been guided by your misconceptions of law and justice, which seriously hurts the service of Justice in Talossa.
Viteu Marcianüs
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort

Former FreeDem (Vote PRESENT)