The Embarassing Failure of Legislative Proofreading Bill

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, April 12, 2022, 04:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

WHEREAS 56RZ10, The Small OrgLaw Amendment (Dignity of the Túischac'h) Act copy-pasted (with a few amendments) the current El Lexhatx H.17 into the OrganicLaw as IV.12;

AND WHEREAS this bill was also meant to subsequently delete H.17 from El Lexhatx as superfluous;

AND WHEREAS through a catastrophic failure by both the bill's author and the CRL, it instead deleted H.21, a completely unrelated section concerning Living Cosas;

1. El Lexhatx H.17 is hereby deleted in its entirety.
2. El Lexhatx H.21 is hereby restored in its entirety as the following text:

Quote21. The Cosa may hold living Cosas during subsequent Clarks by a vote of the Cosa naming the specific month in which the event is to take place. The exact date and location of the Living Cosâ shall be set by the Seneschál after consultation with all relevant parties. All members must receive two weeks notice of the date of the Living Cosâ. The Seneschál may, if events warrant, issue a PD authorizing a Living Cosâ in the following calendar month. Such a PD may be vetoed (in addition to normal means) by a formal protest to the Secretary of State by Members of the Cosâ comprising one-third or greater the number of elected seats in the Cosâ.

21.1 Members who cannot attend will not be denied the right to vote on that month's Clark. They may send their votes to the Secretary of State by any means feasible, so that they can be announced at the Living Cosâ. A member may, in writing, delegate his authority to vote (temporarily transfer his seats) to another person who can attend the Living Cosâ, but no individual may hold more than thirty seats, counting both proxy and permanently assigned seats, for purposes of the Living Cosâ. The Ziu may provide by law, without needing to go through committee, for quorum requirements, and for attendance via telephone, videoconference, or other remote means.

21.2 Votes presented to the Secretary of State after the Living Cosâ will not be counted in the final tally. The final tally of votes on all bills is taken at the end of the Living Cosâ.

21.3 New bills, or amendments, may not be presented at the Living Cosâ. No bill not published in the Clark may be debated. Clarks will be published on schedule as usual.

21.4 Senators shall be permitted to participate in Living Cosâ debates on the same terms as MCs, but may not delegate or exercise proxy votes.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I'm pretty sure the way this happened was that when the bill was first written/presented to the Hopper, H.21 was the correct number. But by 56RZ4, Title H of El Lexhatx was renumbered; and the Túischac'h bill was never revised accordingly with the correct numbers.

Honestly, I'd like this to be able to go through as a PD if there was broad consensus.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I'm really having a terrible day. Can someone move this thread to the Hopper?

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 12, 2022, 05:07:40 PM

I support a PD if that is still an option.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Moved to the hopper.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 12, 2022, 05:09:12 PM

A PD is always an option if that is desired by the Seneschal.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 12, 2022, 05:14:31 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 12, 2022, 05:09:12 PM

A PD is always an option if that is desired by the Seneschal.

Seems like that might be the direction then.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I've contacted the (outgoing caretaker) Seneschal; hopefully the King is also amenable

Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Azul,
I hereby authorize the following under my authority as Seneschal as a Prime Dictate. This is, truly, a long time coming and I am proud to set my hand to it.

Signed this day at Kenwood House,

Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM
Seneschal of Talossa

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 12, 2022, 04:52:11 PM
WHEREAS 56RZ10, The Small OrgLaw Amendment (Dignity of the Túischac'h) Act copy-pasted (with a few amendments) the current El Lexhatx H.17 into the OrganicLaw as IV.12;

AND WHEREAS this bill was also meant to subsequently delete H.17 from El Lexhatx as superfluous;

AND WHEREAS through a catastrophic failure by both the bill's author and the CRL, it instead deleted H.21, a completely unrelated section concerning Living Cosas;

1. El Lexhatx H.17 is hereby deleted in its entirety.
2. El Lexhatx H.21 is hereby restored in its entirety as the following text:

Quote21. The Cosa may hold living Cosas during subsequent Clarks by a vote of the Cosa naming the specific month in which the event is to take place. The exact date and location of the Living Cosâ shall be set by the Seneschál after consultation with all relevant parties. All members must receive two weeks notice of the date of the Living Cosâ. The Seneschál may, if events warrant, issue a PD authorizing a Living Cosâ in the following calendar month. Such a PD may be vetoed (in addition to normal means) by a formal protest to the Secretary of State by Members of the Cosâ comprising one-third or greater the number of elected seats in the Cosâ.

21.1 Members who cannot attend will not be denied the right to vote on that month's Clark. They may send their votes to the Secretary of State by any means feasible, so that they can be announced at the Living Cosâ. A member may, in writing, delegate his authority to vote (temporarily transfer his seats) to another person who can attend the Living Cosâ, but no individual may hold more than thirty seats, counting both proxy and permanently assigned seats, for purposes of the Living Cosâ. The Ziu may provide by law, without needing to go through committee, for quorum requirements, and for attendance via telephone, videoconference, or other remote means.

21.2 Votes presented to the Secretary of State after the Living Cosâ will not be counted in the final tally. The final tally of votes on all bills is taken at the end of the Living Cosâ.

21.3 New bills, or amendments, may not be presented at the Living Cosâ. No bill not published in the Clark may be debated. Clarks will be published on schedule as usual.

21.4 Senators shall be permitted to participate in Living Cosâ debates on the same terms as MCs, but may not delegate or exercise proxy votes.
The Most Honourable General Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Senator for Maricopa, Kingdom of Talossa

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Can someone with the King's ear get him to countersign quickly?

King John

I approve, countersign, all that.

But I'm not certain why this is so urgent that we don't do it with a regular bill.  Ah well.

-- John R