The One Milestone At A Time Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, April 16, 2022, 09:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Whereas, every Talossan goes through meaningful milestones over the course of their lives, and

Whereas, it is a reasonable prerogative of the Kingdom to participate in celebrating the most meaningful of these milestones, and

Whereas, the longevity of each citizen's membership in the Kingdom is one of the most meaningful of milestones for each Talossan.

Therefore, be it resolved:

That a new section is added under D.1 The Government in El Lexhatx reading as follows:

QuoteD 1.6.: Under the auspices of a program developed and administered by the Office of the Seneschal (Seneschal, Distain, or other official delegated responsibility) each citizen meeting specific time thresholds as a Talossan citizen, may request a certificate, signed by the Crown and the Seneschal. The suggested citizenship milestones are 5 years, 10 years, 25 years, 50 years, and 75 years.

Uréu q'estadra så
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Sen-FL, TNC)
@Baron Alexandreu Davinescu (MC-TNC)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

xpb

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 16, 2022, 09:25:46 PM
Whereas, every Talossan goes through meaningful milestones over the course of their lives, and

Whereas, it is a reasonable prerogative of the Kingdom to participate in celebrating the most meaningful of these milestones, and

Whereas, the longevity of each citizen's membership in the Kingdom is one of the most meaningful of milestones for each Talossan.

Therefore, be it resolved:

That under the auspices of a program developed and administered by the Office of the Seneschal (Seneschal, Distain, or other official delegated responsibility) each citizen meeting specific time thresholds as a Talossan citizen, upon request to the Office of the Seneschal, will receive a signed certificate from the King and the incumbent Seneschal, and

That suggested citizenship milestones are 5 years, 10 years, 25 years, 50 years, and 75 years.

Uréu q'estadra så
@mximo (MC-RCT)

Suggested amendment - change "from the King" to "from the Crown" as at some future date, there could be a Queen instead of a King, and this act speaks of milestones and longevity to consider many possible future outcomes.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

This also should be added to el Lexhatx, not be a standalone statute.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@xpb and @Baron Alexandreu Davinescu I have made suggested edits. Thanks for your suggestions.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

mximo

Azul,

Perfect , please add my name to this motion.
Mximo Carbonèl

Thank.
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

I would change "will receive" to "may request."

I would change "signed certificate from the Crown and the incumbent Seneschal" to "a certificate, signed by the Crown and the Seneschal."

Please add me as a co-sponsor.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 25, 2022, 11:08:57 AM
I would change "will receive" to "may request."

I would change "signed certificate from the Crown and the incumbent Seneschal" to "a certificate, signed by the Crown and the Seneschal."

Please add me as a co-sponsor.

Thanks, Baron. Changes made and you have been added.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Just wondering whether the proposer thinks this is ready to go before the CRL yet?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on May 11, 2022, 03:57:36 PM
Just wondering whether the proposer thinks this is ready to go before the CRL yet?

This bill was posted in the CRL on April 26th.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

I still think this is a good idea.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 16, 2022, 09:25:46 PMWhereas, every Talossan goes through meaningful milestones over the course of their lives, and

Therefore, be it resolved that a new section is added under D.1 The Government in El Lexhatx reading as follows:

QuoteD 1.6.: Each citizen meeting specific time thresholds as a Talossan citizen, may request a certificate, signed by the Crown and the Seneschal. The citizenship milestones are 5 years, 10 years, and every 25 years thereafter.

Uréu q'estadra så

Edited based on previously submitted suggestions.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 04, 2023, 12:17:13 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 16, 2022, 09:25:46 PMWhereas, every Talossan goes through meaningful milestones over the course of their lives, and

Therefore, be it resolved that a new section is added under D.1 The Government in El Lexhatx reading as follows:

QuoteD 1.6.: Each citizen meeting specific time thresholds as a Talossan citizen, may request a certificate, signed by the Crown and the Seneschal. The citizenship milestones are 5 years, 10 years, and every 25 years thereafter.

Uréu q'estadra så

Edited based on previously submitted suggestions.

May I further suggest to move it under the responsability of the Ministry of STUFF? § D.2.10.4 (with some rewording).

§ D.1 doesn't seem to me the right or logic part of the Lexhatx to have such a section.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Üc R. Tärfă

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 08, 2023, 05:56:10 PMMay I further suggest to move it under the responsability of the Ministry of STUFF? § D.2.10.4 (with some rewording).

§ D.1 doesn't seem to me the right or logic part of the Lexhatx to have such a section.

I saw that you submitted the bill to Committee as it is.

I need to say that: el Lexhatx has or should have a logic, you can't just pick an empty place and put there anything you want. § D.1 is about the relation between the Seneschal and the Cabinet, appointments and positions.

It is not the place for a subsection for citizens requesting certificate of citizenship.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 15, 2023, 08:43:46 PM
Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 08, 2023, 05:56:10 PMMay I further suggest to move it under the responsability of the Ministry of STUFF? § D.2.10.4 (with some rewording).

I saw that you submitted the bill to Committee as it is.

I need to say that: el Lexhatx has or should have a logic, you can't just pick an empty place and put there anything you want. § D.1 is about the relation between the Seneschal and the Cabinet, appointments and positions.

It is not the place for a subsection for citizens requesting certificate of citizenship.

I submitted with the edits I thought prudent, Üc. I accepted some suggestions and not others based on the reasons put forward.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

Fine, just to be clear - otherwise your Distain might say that I wasn't - I'm not a priori against this idea, but I won't vote to put a subsection under a section that deals with other stuff.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ