CoA Request for Carlüs Vilaçafat

Started by Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat, April 19, 2022, 11:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on April 21, 2022, 02:05:54 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 21, 2022, 11:01:40 AM
The newly established guidelines for badges do not require any act of His Majesty, so I think you can register one whenever you want.

-NRH

OK great! In that case I would like to also register the badge below:

A lozenge vert with bordure potenty (potenté?) argent, and over all a bee or.

I really like this badge! Nice work.

-REH
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 21, 2022, 02:29:41 PM
The newly established guidelines for badges do not require any act of His Majesty, so I think you can register one whenever you want.

-NRH

I really like this badge! Nice work.

-REH

Thank you!
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

-NRH

I believe we have cruelly burdened the Long Fellow with the task of badge registrar, if he doesn't mind?

Really love this badge. Beautiful design. I have no clue which version of potenty you would use... I think the French, as in your arms, because it's modifying the line and not the field?

-NRH
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 21, 2022, 04:00:29 PM

-NRH

I believe we have cruelly burdened the Long Fellow with the task of badge registrar, if he doesn't mind?

Really love this badge. Beautiful design. I have no clue which version of potenty you would use... I think the French, as in your arms, because it's modifying the line and not the field?

-NRH

I would gladly add it to the registry on the wiki but I currently don't have privileges.

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on April 21, 2022, 04:03:02 PM

-NRH

-NRH

I would gladly add it to the registry on the wiki but I currently don't have privileges.

I already added it, but I'm sure we can get you Wiki editing rights (forgetting that The Long Fellow has been tasked with this, so apologies for that!). However, I'm not sure who to ask for that...
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 21, 2022, 04:47:08 PM
Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on April 21, 2022, 04:03:02 PM

-NRH

-NRH

I already added it, but I'm sure we can get you Wiki editing rights (forgetting that The Long Fellow has been tasked with this, so apologies for that!). However, I'm not sure who to ask for that...

The government, specifically the minister of stuff, is tasked with administrating the wiki.

-NRH
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

If Carlüs makes a Wiki account and lets me know what it is, I'll grant it full Citizen rights

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

We should not be hasty in approving this CoA.

The Tudor Rose (or English Rose) is normally reserved. We may think of changing the charges, until and unless the armiger shows why he is entitled to them. 

Dean BenArd
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on April 23, 2022, 11:02:51 PM

The Tudor Rose (or English Rose) is normally reserved. We may think of changing the charges, until and unless the armiger shows why he is entitled to them. 

Dean BenArd

I'm sorry Dean but I do not see any stipulation in the Talossan rules of heraldry that indicate the rose is reserved for those "entitled" in some way.

And according to the GLOSSARY OF TERMS USED IN HERALDRY
by JAMES PARKER
FIRST PUBLISHED in 1894

"Rose, (fr. rose): this flower is very frequently employed in coats of arms, and more frequently still in badges. "

Dean BenArd

The blazon itself refers simply to a rose. The emblazon looks similar to a Tudor rose, but not exactly like it either, so perhaps the armiger could chose a rose with a different color center, such as this one: https://imgbin.com/png/zwExNXFe/heraldry-rose-png
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Dean BenArd
The Tudor Rose specifically has white inner petals.  It's specific and symbolic, since the red and white each represented one of the Plantagenet houses.  So while I appreciate the Dean's caution (and we should always shy away from haste!), I think this one is okay.

-NRH

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

The Tudor Rose is definitely a protected charge. However as my fellow heralds have pointed out, this is not a Tudor rose per se, though it looks similar.

The inner curvatures of the present petals do give the impression of a double rose.  I would request the use of an ordinary 5 petaled rose, rather that the present one which gives the impression of a 10 petalled one.

Dean BenArd
NEH
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Updated emblazon submitted for the approval of Dean Ardpresteir.

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on April 25, 2022, 08:46:40 AM
Updated emblazon submitted for the approval of Dean Ardpresteir.

I see no reason whatsoever that this emblazon will not be accepted. Thanks.

-REH
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal