News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

remove delete topic

Started by Vitxalmour Axhairsegol, April 25, 2022, 01:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitxalmour Axhairsegol

we should remove delete topic because when i deleted one of my topics the first time i got a warning of banishment so just a suggestion to remove it to spare headache for new citizens
hello everyone how do you do

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Vitxalmour Axhairsegol on April 25, 2022, 01:40:01 PM
we should remove delete topic because when i deleted one of my topics the first time i got a warning of banishment so just a suggestion to remove it to spare headache for new citizens

I think the issue was deleting a topic that others have replied to. It should still be OK to delete a topic you created that no one else participated in.
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

The delete button is there so that if you decide to remove your own topic, you can. Also, it wasn't a warning of banishment. At worst, you would have received a temporary ban from posting on Wittenberg. In all the time I've been the administrator of Wittenberg, I've never banned a citizen, and I've really rarely ever warned either. You have nothing to worry about at this time.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on April 25, 2022, 02:01:39 PM

I think the issue was deleting a topic that others have replied to. It should still be OK to delete a topic you created that no one else participated in.

That's correct. Deleting a topic others have responded to could amount to limiting their free speech. I'm loathe to remove the ability to delete one's own posts, and that is why I set up the ability to restore deleted threads.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Vitxalmour Axhairsegol

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 25, 2022, 02:03:30 PM

The delete button is there so that if you decide to remove your own topic, you can. Also, it wasn't a warning of banishment. At worst, you would have received a temporary ban from posting on Wittenberg. In all the time I've been the administrator of Wittenberg, I've never banned a citizen, and I've really rarely ever warned either. You have nothing to worry about at this time.
thanks just confused sorry for coming off as entitled

Quote from: Vitxalmour Axhairsegol on April 25, 2022, 02:48:59 PM
thanks just confused sorry for coming off as entitled
That never entered my mind. Relax and enjoy!
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Vitxalmour Axhairsegol

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on April 25, 2022, 02:01:39 PM

that's what i was trying to say thanks sometimes i word things wrong