News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

42 Days and Counting

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, June 01, 2022, 10:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on June 01, 2022, 05:05:58 PM
I answered several times? I think it's not acceptable, and I want him to check in more, and I'm encouraged that he is becoming more active lately.

You don't think its acceptable, but there is no consequence? Is this a case of "it's just King John being King John?" The truth be told, I wouldn't even complain if he just logged in a few times a month. Life is busy...but he's our KING and not an ordinary citizen.

Edit: I don't think it's unreasonable to expect something more from the guy who can veto any bill he pleases. No mere Seneschal or MC or SoS can do that. Just the king.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on June 01, 2022, 05:10:39 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on June 01, 2022, 05:05:58 PM
I answered several times? I think it's not acceptable, and I want him to check in more, and I'm encouraged that he is becoming more active lately.

You don't think its acceptable, but there is no consequence? Is this a case of "it's just King John being King John?" The truth be told, I wouldn't even complain if he just logged in a few times a month. Life is busy...but he's our KING and not an ordinary citizen.

I am glad he's becoming more active lately, and so it hardly makes sense to try to come up with some retribution for not being very active.  I honestly can't think of Talossan who could have done a better job at being the king than His Majesty.  And neither can you.

The man took a solemn oath many years ago and has stubbornly tried to do what's right, even if he hasn't been around as much as I'd like lately.  He doesn't lash out, he gives out his personal phone number for contact, and he has several times kept a steady head and done his job when it mattered most.

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on June 01, 2022, 05:10:39 PM
Edit: I don't think it's unreasonable to expect something more from the guy who can veto any bill he pleases. No mere Seneschal or MC or SoS can do that. Just the king.

The Seneschal can personally just announce laws at will, requiring only one counter-signature.  The SoS is trusted with everyone's personal information and voting record and almost the entire administrative state.  But you're right, the throne still has a power remaining to it.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein