News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Question for the TNC

Started by Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir, June 01, 2022, 07:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir

Hi TNC, as you know I am a big supporter of the FreeDems, however, I feel that despite obvious political differences, I myself, have generally had good interactions with individual members of your party, so I hope that you see this what it is, not trying to be threatening, or force your hand with anything, but genuinely wanting to know what you would say in response to what I am about to ask.

First of all, Monarchy reform, as I understand it was an electoral promise that was stated, whether campaigned on or not, it has been promised in some way by your party to the electorate.
I will not comment on things under the Previous Seneschal as I do not know enough about that situation, but I will say that he did accept that he may have overstepped and apologised publicly about it, which did not have a response from your party at the time, which although disappointing to see, I can also see that time might have been needed to calm things down following how both sides perceived things differently.

But then, in the election campaign, there were several attempts to seriously engage with a political discourse with the TNC, which were met with silence, on a variety of issues, including asking for clarification on your position on Monarchy reform, which again was met with silence.

So, we come to now, where the FreeDems have committed to blockading legislation, which is antagonistic in nature, is the only time we have been able to get any sort of comment from yourselves on the issue.

Given the track record of not being open to discussing reforms before this, and it being a top issue for us, and that there is support for amongst the electorate, with a majority of Seats in the Cosa won by those who support reforms (including your own party, who unless your position has changed, is still supporting monarchy reforms), but not willing to discuss it, what other options did we have to even make you comment commenting on Monarchy reform?

Yes, in the past there have been mistakes from our party and your own, and has led to clashes, but we have tried to be honest and reasonable in engaging with you during the last elections, and seeking your stance now on reforms, but with nothing forthcoming, we have had to take this drastic action, as we felt there was no other way.
We knew the risks, and were prepared for the flack that came our way for *Standing up for what the electorate voted for* I do wish we didn't need to come to this, but with being met with silence, we had little choice. So I ask, what more could we have done to engage with you on this issue before we felt we were forced to take this position we are in now?

As, as far as I see it, and despite the respect I have for the sincerity of the other side wanting what is best for the country, I don't see how we could have proceeded otherwise, as your loud silence on this issue, one way or another could not continue, you may call it threatening or other things, which I grant it is, but it is also our last resort to stand up for the rights of the Talossan people, and their electoral wishes being put into action.

So once again I ask, what more could we have done?
Party Secretary of the Free Democrats of Talossa
https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?board=34.0
Talossans in Christ Church :-
http://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=294.0
Başbakan of Ataturk

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir on June 01, 2022, 07:00:01 PM
So once again I ask, what more could we have done?

Well, asking more than once would have been a good start.

The narrative you're proposing is a little ridiculous... at one point, a member of your party posted to ask what our monarchy reform plan would be, and no one replied (I didn't even see it), and so the next step is... to block all legislation forever until your demands are met?

What more could you have done, then?  How about:

• Bumping the thread at least once.
  • Asking somewhere more prominent.
  • Posting a question to the party in the party's forum.
  • Sending a private message, directing the TNC leader to the post so we knew it existed.

Instead, you guys escalated to demands accompanied by absurd threats, hurting the country and prospects for actual productive cooperation on this.  And we don't submit to threats.  After all, if it works this time, you'll just be back next week with another demand backed up by the same threat.

Our party leader, Breneir, has said it very well: we will not submit to threats, and there will be no cooperation on this issue under duress.  If in the future you ever plan any more threats to force us into action, please mark us down right now for defiance and save your breath.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein