[Terpelaziun] Defence Minister

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, June 01, 2022, 09:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Mr. T'uischach

This terpelaziun is for the Defence Minister. Can the Minister please inform the Ziu on present plans, if any, for reinvigorating Els Zuávs da l'Altahál Rexhitál (the Zuávs)?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Mr. Túischac'h, I wanted to confirm the mandated response time for the relevant government official here is one week? That would be June 8th? I believe the Defence Minister is the only government official to have not yet responded to their terpelaziun.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Yes, the mandatory time for replies is a week.  But it's only been -- what, a day or two?  The Government has been admirably responsive and I imagine they will continue to be.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on June 04, 2022, 11:06:45 AM
Yes, the mandatory time for replies is a week.  But it's only been -- what, a day or two?  The Government has been admirably responsive and I imagine they will continue to be.

Today is Day 3. Also, the relevant minister promised to respond in 72 hours as he was partaking in back and forth on Facebook indicative of other priorities...

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

People get busy though, right?  Let's please respect the time of the Government and its ministers, and give them their allocated time.  Failure to reply means that the minister will be referred straight to the corts for punishment, and the question will then just go to the Seneschal, so they have a great deal of motivation to reply on time!  I'd wager money on the MinDef fulfilling his responsibilities here.

You are to be commended for your vigor in holding the Government accountable, but I'd just ask some moderation of your zeal.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on June 04, 2022, 11:16:48 AM
People get busy though, right?  Let's please respect the time of the Government and its ministers, and give them their allocated time.  Failure to reply means that the minister will be referred straight to the corts for punishment, and the question will then just go to the Seneschal, so they have a great deal of motivation to reply on time!  I'd wager money on the MinDef fulfilling his responsibilities here.

You are to be commended for your vigor in holding the Government accountable, but I'd just ask some moderation of your zeal.

Request for moderation denied, my friend. This is the work of His Majesty's Opposition that the people deserve and what some current ministers have been saying is needed for some time. I am duty-bound to deliver and I will.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

There is a statutory time limit that the minister has not yet exceeded, and he is well within his rights and the bounds of politeness to answer at any time of his leisure within that limit.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on June 04, 2022, 11:34:48 AM
There is a statutory time limit that the minister has not yet exceeded, and he is well within his rights and the bounds of politeness to answer at any time of his leisure within that limit.

I will set aside entreaties to politeness as that is not my concern especially after the treatment I have received over the past couple months. My responsibility as Opposition Leader is to hold the Government accountable which I will do with deliberate zeal in your words. I asked to confirm the time limit as a reminder to the Minister. And I will here, publicly, remind the Minister of his personal commitment to respond in 72 hours. I can only assume he is a man of his word.

Edited to add the Minister's words here: "...I will post my response to the Witt within 72 hours of the request."

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Fair enough; let's leave it, then, S:reu Opposition Leader.

Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Azul,

My apologizes for the delay as my industry has been insanely busy in recent weeks with all the storms in my part of Maricopa. Now, to the Ministry's plans for the coming term:

1) Work with the College of Arms for an Achievement to be granted to the Zouaves incorporating a crown, crossed bedposts, and the official name in Talossan,

2) Work with the current active members of the Zouaves to develop a working, formal structure that will allow efficient, internal management of the Guard,

3) Work with the Ziu to get legislation through to both correct the spelling in all formal documents as well as enshrine both the Zouaves and the rest of the Talossan military's formal ranks into law,

4) Develop a formal system of awards and honors for the Defence Ministry, encompassing military and civil awards for service in the Ministry and to the Crown,

5) Move forward with the selection and approval of ranks/insignia of the Zouaves ( https://talossamainstreet.weebly.com/ranks.html ) or something of the like.

These are the current plans/goals and are subject to change. The Ministry welcomes input from all citizens as we continue to work towards a better and safer Talossa.

In Service,
Gen. Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM
Minister of Defence, Kingdom of Talossa
Senator for Maricopa
Commandant, Royal Talossan Marine Corps 
The Most Honourable General Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Senator for Maricopa, Kingdom of Talossa

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I thank the Minister for his detailed reply. I inform the Minister, based on the details of his reply, that I will follow up in a month in the next round of terpelaziuns.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM on June 04, 2022, 04:06:29 PM
Azul,

My apologizes for the delay as my industry has been insanely busy in recent weeks with all the storms in my part of Maricopa. Now, to the Ministry's plans for the coming term:

1) Work with the College of Arms for an Achievement to be granted to the Zouaves incorporating a crown, crossed bedposts, and the official name in Talossan,

2) Work with the current active members of the Zouaves to develop a working, formal structure that will allow efficient, internal management of the Guard,

3) Work with the Ziu to get legislation through to both correct the spelling in all formal documents as well as enshrine both the Zouaves and the rest of the Talossan military's formal ranks into law,

4) Develop a formal system of awards and honors for the Defence Ministry, encompassing military and civil awards for service in the Ministry and to the Crown,

5) Move forward with the selection and approval of ranks/insignia of the Zouaves ( https://talossamainstreet.weebly.com/ranks.html ) or something of the like.

These are the current plans/goals and are subject to change. The Ministry welcomes input from all citizens as we continue to work towards a better and safer Talossa.

In Service,
Gen. Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM
Minister of Defence, Kingdom of Talossa
Senator for Maricopa
Commandant, Royal Talossan Marine Corps
I am not the original questioner, but I have comment on this reply.  I notice that these plans include five different objectives, but it's not clear to me how any of them would result in more people joining the Zuavs or becoming more active in their ranks.

It's certainly great to choose arms, pick correct spellings and insignia, and create formal structures for things.  But no one is waiting in the wings to join the Zuavs until there's a whole lot of formal ranks or correct spelling.  The Zuavs doesn't actually even need insignia or ranks or spelling at all right now, since every single member of the Zuavs is either a Private or a PSC.  At the current promotion rate, you'll need insignia for lieutenants right around the heat death of the universe.

I would strongly suggest that the first and most important objective should be active curating and promotion -- either on your own efforts or through the Capitan.  Remind enlistees to submit their achievements for recognition, or just award recognition where you notice it's merited.  Publicly and flashily promote people when they hit the necessary benchmarks.  This is the first and most essential purpose of Zuav leadership.

It is entirely possible that this was considered just too obvious to be an objective, but I thought it was still worth saying and emphasizing.  I have nothing but the highest hopes for your success.