News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

STICKY THIS: How To Get Your Talossan ID Card

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, June 08, 2022, 09:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

an official announcement from the Ministry of STUFF

Talossan ID cards, based on the designs below, are now available for all citizens who can pass a 20-question Civics Test on Talossan history, culture and other law. All the answers to this question can be found no more than 1 click away from the front page of TalossaWiki.

To take the Civics Test:

Here's how it works:
1) volunteers send to the Minister of STUFF (i.e. me) an email address by PM (or via Facebook if you know me there);
2) I "enrol" you on the quizglobal.com website;
3) you go to quizglobal.com, log in, and you should be taken right to the test.

Once you pass the test (defined as 16/20 correct answers), the Deputy Minister of STUFF will contact you to get all the details needed to print your ID card.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eovart Xhorxh

Éovart Xhorxh
Ambassador-General to Asia and Oceania
Former Minister of Foreign Affairs
Proud Member of the T. N. C.
Par schevron goglhas es virt üna triglha es ün fönix or.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll sign you up for the quiz

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Until we are able to actually get the files for ID cards, we aren't able to issue any more.  @Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB , please unsticky this for the time being.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

I've sent so many messages... I just gave up and made new templates.  I basically copied the layout here, although there's some tweaks (such as sans-serif fonts).  We're working on finalizing this now, and then we'll be able to get these back in production for everyone.

We're also taking steps to be sure that this sort of thing doesn't happen again in the future -- announcements to come on that soon.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I never received my ID card after finishing the civics test quite a long time ago. I'd be excited if I could finally get one!
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Definitely we will honour any outstanding requests that we can!

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@stymphalides It looks like we will soon be able to get you your card. The Distain and MinSTUFF have went ahead and created new templates.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

MinTech is currently working on making sure the design conforms to ICAO standards and implementing the machine readable zone on the back.  We might even be able to automate the process of producing these, with a simple form spitting out a finished version -- although that would just be for fun, since making these will be very easy now.  We just copied the previous design, tweaking it a little as necessary.

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on May 10, 2023, 07:45:05 AMMinTech is currently working on making sure the design conforms to ICAO standards and implementing the machine readable zone on the back.  We might even be able to automate the process of producing these, with a simple form spitting out a finished version -- although that would just be for fun, since making these will be very easy now.  We just copied the previous design, tweaking it a little as necessary.

Classy look, congrats ! Would it help to include a QR code linked to citizen profile, in order to check citizenship validity ?
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Üc R. Tärfă

At least the citizen number should be added imho
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on May 10, 2023, 08:35:42 AMClassy look, congrats ! Would it help to include a QR code linked to citizen profile, in order to check citizenship validity ?
We mostly just kept the same overall design, which was great.  We'd have preferred to have just used the exact same design as the last government, but unfortunately we have been unable to get those files despite months of trying.  The situation is understandable, but frustrating to have to redo most of the work again.

I don't know where the QR code would point right now, since it's not a legal requirement to be on Witt (and we have many citizens who are not).

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfă on May 10, 2023, 08:39:28 AMAt least the citizen number should be added imho

"Citizen number" is just a thing on the database; you're not actually assigned any kind of number by the government.  I am not really opposed to the idea, but there's no plan to implement that at this time separately from the ID number.  Still working on plans for what that will consist of.

Okay, a system is all set.  Would anyone from the previous government happen to know the numbering scheme used for the ID card numbers?

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfă on May 10, 2023, 08:39:28 AMAt least the citizen number should be added imho
We are going to (I believe, pending the Seneschal's decision) going to be using province/current year/citizen number/issue number as the number on the cards -- so you're getting your wish! :)