57th Cosa Budget

Started by Ian Plätschisch, June 11, 2022, 04:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

WHEREAS the Organic Law directs that each government submit a budget by the second Clark of their Cosa term

PART A: Appropriations Request

His Majesty's Government hereby submits to the Ziu a request for the appropriation of funds from the Royal Treasury totaling 216¤42 ($325.05) for the specific purposes and subject to restrictions as outlined herein:

CULTURE:

• Creating physical items of Talossanity: 33¤20 ($50)
STUFF:

• Webhosting costs: 100¤02 ($150.05)
  • Google ads: 33¤20 ($50)
  • ID Cards: 33¤20 ($50)
FINANCE:

• Donation in John Eiffler's name to a fitting organization: 16¤40 ($25)

FURTHERMORE, notwithstanding the above allocations, no funds shall be disbursed without a notice of disbursement having first been transmitted to the Ziu at least fourteen days prior to the disbursement, except that disbursements solely for the purpose of postage may be made with no less than 24 hours notice. Notices shall contain details of the purchase and a cost estimate for the purchase, or the total amount paid if seeking funds for reimbursement. Copies of receipts and/or invoices will be provided upon request to Members of the Ziu.

FURTHERMORE, any funds allocated by this section shall be retained in the central fund by the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue until such time as they are disbursed. Funds not disbursed prior to the end of the government term shall remain in the central fund.

PART B. Fundraiser, Minting, and Other Authorizations

FURTHERMORE, the Minister of Finance, or his appointed deputy shall undertake to create manage and promote a voluntary fundraising campaign,  to the citizens of Talossa and other interested parties over the course of the term. The targeted amount for the campaign shall be ℓ133¤20 ($200). The proceeds of seignorage, sales of stamps, TalossaWare proceeds, and other voluntary contributions shall be included in this total except as provided elsewhere. The expected income for the term is as follows:

Proceedings of sales (Coins/Stamps/Talossaware) + Donations to the Kingdom: ℓ133¤20 ($200)
    Registration fees for Cosa election: ℓ20 ($30)
    Registration fees for Senäts election: ℓ10 ($15)
    Interest on Talossa's bank accounts: ℓ3¤20 ($5)

Total: +ℓ166¤40 (+$250)

PART C: Investment Policy

FURTHERMORE, His Majesty's Government hereby directs the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue to invest all held funds into a high-interest savings account unless or until otherwise directed or advised by act of the Ziu.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on June 11, 2022, 04:42:54 PM

PART B. Fundraiser, Minting, and Other Authorizations

FURTHERMORE, the Minister of Finance, or his appointed deputy shall undertake to create manage and promote a voluntary fundraising campaign,  to the citizens of Talossa and other interested parties over the course of the term. The targeted amount for the campaign shall be ℓ133¤20 ($200). The proceeds of seignorage, sales of stamps, TalossaWare proceeds, and other voluntary contributions shall be included in this total except as provided elsewhere. The expected income for the term is as follows:

Proceedings of sales (Coins/Stamps/Talossaware) + Donations to the Kingdom: ℓ133¤20 ($200)
    Registration fees for Cosa election: ℓ20 ($30)
    Registration fees for Senäts election: ℓ10 ($15)
    Interest on Talossa's bank accounts: ℓ3¤20 ($5)

Total: +ℓ166¤40 (+$250)

PART C: Investment Policy

FURTHERMORE, His Majesty's Government hereby directs the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue to invest all held funds into a high-interest savings account unless or until otherwise directed or advised by act of the Ziu.

Minister, I've made monthly donations for the past three or four months and have committed to doing so indefinitely so long as financially feasible. Why are these expected monthly donations of $10 each not included in the revenue section?

Withdrawn, I am assuming my donations are included in the campaign designation.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

[li$i] Creating physical items of Talossanity: 33¤20 ($50)
      [/li][/list]

Sorry I'm only seeing this now, but a question: to what does this refer?  As far as I can tell, this could refer to just about any physical object.

[li$i] Webhosting costs: 86¤42 ($130.05)[/li][/list]

Could you break this down, please?  It seems very high.
        Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
        Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on June 25, 2022, 05:27:06 PM

The Seneschál has asked me to field this question. A yearly renewal for our webhosting on GoDaddy is due in July, which is $US64.20. The Government also decided to renew the domain names talossa.com ($15.95) and talossa.net ($18.95). We were originally going to let the other domain names expire, but firstly we were told that talossan.com would be updated, so that's another $15.95. Plus, a check of El Lexhatx D.2.9.2. suggests that we are legally required to hold onto kingdomoftalossa.net ($15.95).

The domain names, which I seem to recall the opposition were opposed to the Government relinquishing, all add up. And this is without renewing kingdomoftalossa.com and *.org.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
          ¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
          "IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir

[/li][/list]

Sorry I'm only seeing this now, but a question: to what does this refer?  As far as I can tell, this could refer to just about any physical object

Hi, the Senechal has asked myself to respond to this, with this, it refers to costs of making physical trappings of monarchy, as per the coalition agreement, and is something have approached the CoA in designs for, but yes, this is for costs pertaining to making such items. What these are and final costs are not known yet, as those plans are in early stages, so we are reserving a sum in the budget for such a time where we are in a position to make physical items that we come up with. I know this is still vague, but the concepts are still in early stages.[/list]
              Party Secretary of the Free Democrats of Talossa
              https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?board=34.0
              Talossans in Christ Church :-
              http://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=294.0
              Başbakan of Ataturk

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 26, 2022, 05:06:21 PM

The Seneschál has asked me to field this question. A yearly renewal for our webhosting on GoDaddy is due in July, which is $US64.20. The Government also decided to renew the domain names talossa.com ($15.95) and talossa.net ($18.95). We were originally going to let the other domain names expire, but firstly we were told that talossan.com would be updated, so that's another $15.95. Plus, a check of El Lexhatx D.2.9.2. suggests that we are legally required to hold onto kingdomoftalossa.net ($15.95).

The domain names, which I seem to recall the opposition were opposed to the Government relinquishing, all add up. And this is without renewing kingdomoftalossa.com and *.org.

Thanks!  I didn't really advocate for keeping everything, but I did point out that talossan.com had been made available to Tafi to rework and that we should probably at a minimum figure out how much inbound traffic came from those URLs before we ditched them.  And that's still true!  If it's minimal, then ditch them.  If it's substantial, it's probably worth it.

Now that you've broken it down, though, I'm a bit surprised about the prices.  I pay $12 plus tax to Google Domains for domain name registration.  But maybe it's part of whatever deal gets us an otherwise good price on hosting (since that seems pretty good for multiple sites with this much storage)?

Also, it seems like it was a really good thing I asked you guys to look into the details of this!
                Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
                Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Quote from: Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir on June 26, 2022, 08:00:43 PM
                    [/li][/list]

Sorry I'm only seeing this now, but a question: to what does this refer?  As far as I can tell, this could refer to just about any physical object

Hi, the Senechal has asked myself to respond to this, with this, it refers to costs of making physical trappings of monarchy, as per the coalition agreement, and is something have approached the CoA in designs for, but yes, this is for costs pertaining to making such items. What these are and final costs are not known yet, as those plans are in early stages, so we are reserving a sum in the budget for such a time where we are in a position to make physical items that we come up with. I know this is still vague, but the concepts are still in early stages.[/list]

That seems like a really complicated way of not answering the question.  I read that through three times, and I can't find any sort of answer beyond repeating the phrase "physical trappings of monarchy."

What are some of the things that you might have in mind?  Are we talking about a crown or does this refer to a ream of nice paper?

Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on June 26, 2022, 11:36:10 PM
                    Quote from: Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir on June 26, 2022, 08:00:43 PM
                        [/li][/list]

That seems like a really complicated way of not answering the question.  I read that through three times, and I can't find any sort of answer beyond repeating the phrase "physical trappings of monarchy."

What are some of the things that you might have in mind?  Are we talking about a crown or does this refer to a ream of nice paper?

I am pretty sure, that most people will understand what i put as "We are reserving a fund for the future, as we are still figuring things out, and dont have any concrete plans yet", as that was the heart of what i had said, I currently dont have an answer behind this, as those discussions are still taking place.
                        Party Secretary of the Free Democrats of Talossa
                        https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?board=34.0
                        Talossans in Christ Church :-
                        http://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=294.0
                        Başbakan of Ataturk

Miestră Schivă, UrN

A little bit of bad news. With something like 12 hours notice, our webserver put their domain name prices up. Now all the domain names will cost $18.95 each. The Budget will need to be amended accordingly, if there is time.

Seriously, I'm beginning to think that our current budgeting system is not fit for purpose (i.e. it's not capable of dealing flexibly with urgent matters) and I'm thinking out a replacement.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
                        ¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
                        "IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan