Sense of the Ziu: Russian Aggression and Ukrainian Self-Determination

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, June 28, 2022, 06:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Whereas, for over four months the Russian Federation has engaged in unprovoked and barbaric brutalization (war, not a "special military operation") of the people and infrastructure of Ukraine, and

Whereas, for over four months the Russian Federation has blockaded Ukrainian grain exports endangering the food security of millions, and

Whereas, for over four months Vladimir Putin, Sergei Lavrov, Dmitri Peskov and other agents of the Russian Federation's kleptocratic and autocratic regime have threatened use of non-conventional weaponry if their illegal and inhuman actions are not validated by Western acquiescence.

Therefore, be it resolved that it is the Sense of the Ziu of the Kingdom of Talossa:

As a proponent of global democracy, to express its solidarity with the Ukrainian fight for sovereignty and self-determination, and

Supports the efforts of the International Criminal Court to investigate instances of Russian armed forces participating in forced relocation of Ukrainian civilians, systematic and pervasive sexual violence, and deliberate targeting and killing of Ukrainian civilians, and

Condemns the Russian Federation's blocking of Ukrainian grain exports as an egregious and unacceptable endangering of food security for millions in the developing world.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Sen-FL, TNC)
Tric'hard Lenxheir (MC, TNC)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Tric'hard Lenxheir

I fully support this! I just wish Talossa was big enough to make a true contribution to the sanctions against the criminal regime in Russia.
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on June 28, 2022, 08:20:55 AM
I fully support this! I just wish Talossa was big enough to make a true contribution to the sanctions against the criminal regime in Russia.

Thank you MC Lenxheir, would you like to be added as a co-sponsor?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 28, 2022, 08:40:15 AM

Yes please!
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Honestly, I wouldn't mind actually going back to old-school Talossan tradition and actually declaring war on Russia. KR1 declared war on Serbia in 1999,  I'm pretty sure.

If you're going to virtue signal, do it BIG, is the point

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on June 28, 2022, 03:01:52 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 28, 2022, 08:40:15 AM

Yes please!

Excellent, honored to have you on this bill

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I wanted to confirm that this resolution can bypass the CRL under the following section of El Lex:

Quote6.4. After a legislative proposal has spent at least 10 days in the Hopper, its proposer may request that it "move to committee". No bill may be Clarked without being "moved to committee", except as provided by Lex.H.6.2 or Lex.H.6.3.

as this resolution falls under the following exceptions mentioned in El Lex:

Quote6.2 A bill has passed the hopper if it has spent at least 10 days in the Hopper, and is exclusively limited to the following:
6.2.1 Non-binding proclamations that have no effect other than express the wish of the Cosa, Senate, or Ziu as a whole, in which case the bill must contain the words "Sense of the Cosa", "Sense of the Senate" or "Sense of the Ziu" in its title.
6.2.2. Proclamations that establish the position of the Ziu on a foreign policy issue.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight