Sense of the Ziu: Genocide in Xinjiang

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, July 06, 2022, 06:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Sense of the Ziu: Genocide in Xinjiang

Whereas, genocide is defined by the 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide as: Killing members of the group; Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group, and

Whereas, the People's Republic of China, since 2014, is reported by governments, international human rights organizations, and Uyghur testimony to be engaged in the following acts in violation of the 1948 Genocide Convention: Extrajudicial and mass detention, forced cohabitation, destruction of cultural and religious sites, removal of children, forced sterilization and contraception, and forced labor, and

Whereas, it is the duty of members of the international community like the Kingdom of Talossa, under new normative regimes such as the Responsibility to Protect, to at a minimum shine a light on these egregious violations of human dignity and rights.

Therefore, be it resolved, that the Ziu of the Kingdom of Talossa:

Joins with the United States, Canada, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Czechia, Lithuania, and France in officially designating the treatment of Uyghurs by the People's Republic of China as a genocide, and

Calls on other governments to do the same and commit to words and actions that pressure the People's Republic of China to end its abuses against Uyghurs living in Xinjiang and their families around the world, and

Calls on international institutions such as the International Criminal Court and the United Nations High Commission for Human Rights to seek full access and unflinching analysis and reporting.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Sen-FL, TNC)
Tric'hard Lenxheir (MC, TNC)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Somehow I missed this post. Again I fully agree with you and I would like to cosponsor if I can
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on July 07, 2022, 12:05:15 PM
Somehow I missed this post. Again I fully agree with you and I would like to cosponsor if I can

Of course, I am once again delighted. I am hoping this is a part of a trend where Talossa speaks confidently and fervently on human rights protection and the defense of human dignity.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I wanted to confirm that this resolution can bypass the CRL under the following section of El Lex:

Quote6.4. After a legislative proposal has spent at least 10 days in the Hopper, its proposer may request that it "move to committee". No bill may be Clarked without being "moved to committee", except as provided by Lex.H.6.2 or Lex.H.6.3.

as this resolution falls under the following exceptions mentioned in El Lex:

Quote6.2 A bill has passed the hopper if it has spent at least 10 days in the Hopper, and is exclusively limited to the following:
6.2.1 Non-binding proclamations that have no effect other than express the wish of the Cosa, Senate, or Ziu as a whole, in which case the bill must contain the words "Sense of the Cosa", "Sense of the Senate" or "Sense of the Ziu" in its title.
6.2.2. Proclamations that establish the position of the Ziu on a foreign policy issue.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 16, 2022, 06:19:57 PM
I wanted to confirm that this resolution can bypass the CRL under the following section of El Lex:

Quote6.4. After a legislative proposal has spent at least 10 days in the Hopper, its proposer may request that it "move to committee". No bill may be Clarked without being "moved to committee", except as provided by Lex.H.6.2 or Lex.H.6.3.

Quote6.2 A bill has passed the hopper if it has spent at least 10 days in the Hopper, and is exclusively limited to the following:
6.2.1 Non-binding proclamations that have no effect other than express the wish of the Cosa, Senate, or Ziu as a whole, in which case the bill must contain the words "Sense of the Cosa", "Sense of the Senate" or "Sense of the Ziu" in its title.
6.2.2. Proclamations that establish the position of the Ziu on a foreign policy issue.

This is correct, and the bill does not need review by the CRL, unless you think it would be helpful in some way.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on July 16, 2022, 06:21:47 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 16, 2022, 06:19:57 PM

This is correct, and the bill does not need review by the CRL, unless you think it would be helpful in some way.

Thank you very much Baron

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight