The Tear Down This Wall, Finally, Bill

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, July 11, 2022, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

WHEREAS one of the ugliest facets of Talossan history has been a xenophobic attitude towards micronations, or other Talossa-like entities;

AND WHEREAS the blanket ban on Talossans being involved in other such entities was removed early in the realm of King John by the current provisions A.9 of El Lexhatx, which restricts sanctions to a "blacklist" of bad micronations;

AND WHEREAS this blacklist has not existed for some time, if it ever did;

AND WHEREAS the incumbent Government has the joint manifesto commitments of simplifying El Lexhatx, and of opening Talossa to the world of micronations;

AND WHEREAS this bill is unlikely to have much practical impact, but acts as a symbol of international friendliness;

BE IT ENACTED by the King, Cosa and Senäts in Ziu assembled that sections A.9 and D.2.6.5 of El Lexhatx are hereby deleted in its entirety.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Geez, don't everyone rush to comment on a huge departure from the practice of 25 years all at once :D

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 11, 2022, 07:25:09 PM
WHEREAS one of the ugliest facets of Talossan history has been a xenophobic attitude towards micronations, or other Talossa-like entities;

AND WHEREAS the blanket ban on Talossans being involved in other such entities was removed early in the realm of King John by the current provisions A.9 of El Lexhatx, which restricts sanctions to a "blacklist" of bad micronations;

AND WHEREAS this blacklist has not existed for some time, if it ever did;

AND WHEREAS the incumbent Government has the joint manifesto commitments of simplifying El Lexhatx, and of opening Talossa to the world of micronations;

AND WHEREAS this bill is unlikely to have much practical impact, but acts as a symbol of international friendliness;

BE IT ENACTED by the King, Cosa and Senäts in Ziu assembled that section A.9 of El Lexhatx is hereby deleted in its entirety.

I will have to go and look at the part being deleted but in truth I like the idea of Talossa joining the world of micronations.
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I remember when I was Seneschal I made some attempts to work with other micro nations. Of course, I also was briefly the subject of a television producer that was interested in Talossa. Neither thing really panned out.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal