Somaliland Recognition Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, July 25, 2022, 10:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Posting for CRL review:

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 14, 2022, 08:48:32 AM
Somaliland Recognition Act

Whereas the international community currently only recognizes Somaliland as an autonomous region of Northern Somalia, and

Whereas Somaliland has possessed its own distinct culture and heritage since the 1800s, and

Whereas in 1991 Somalilanders took a stand against the murderous rule of military dictator, Siad Barre, and declared their independence, and

Whereas since this time in contrast to Somalia the Somaliland government has drafted an enduring constitutional democracy and maintained societal stability, and

Whereas the democratic features of Somaliland governance have been observed by the international organizations including the European Union, and

Whereas, this present Act follows on the precedent of 28RZ28, An Act to Officially Recognize Taiwan, then co-sponsored by current sitting Fiova senator Gödafrïeu Válcadác'h.

Therefore, be it resolved that the Kingdom of Talossa officially recognizes Somaliland, to be referred to in official documentation as the Republic of Somaliland, and

Be it further resolved, that the Kingdom of Talossa encourages all nations of the world to initiate diplomatic and economic relations with Somaliland.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Sen-FL, TNC)
Bråneu Excelsio (MC, NO PARTY)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Might I suggest this be a Sense of the Ziu, instead, since it's not creating enforceable law at all?  I think otherwise it will be the only existing body of law besides el Lexhatx.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Sense of the Ziu: Recognition of the Republic of Somaliland

Whereas the international community currently only recognizes Somaliland as an autonomous region of Northern Somalia, and

Whereas Somaliland has possessed its own distinct culture and heritage since the 1800s, and

Whereas in 1991 Somalilanders took a stand against the murderous rule of military dictator, Siad Barre, and declared their independence, and

Whereas since this time in contrast to Somalia the Somaliland government has drafted an enduring constitutional democracy and maintained societal stability, and

Whereas the democratic features of Somaliland governance have been observed by the international organizations including the European Union, and

Whereas, this present resolution follows on the precedent of 28RZ28, An Act to Officially Recognize Taiwan, then co-sponsored by current sitting Fiova senator Gödafrïeu Válcadác'h.

Therefore, be it resolved that it is the Sense of the Ziu of the Kingdom of Talossa to endorse international recognition of the Republic of Somaliland.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Sen-FL, TNC)
Bråneu Excelsio (MC, NO PARTY)

How's this @Baron Alexandreu Davinescu ?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Not only does this look great, but you actually don't even need the approval of this committee now, since it's a Sense :-)

Thank you!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on July 25, 2022, 10:35:31 PM
Not only does this look great, but you actually don't even need the approval of this committee now, since it's a Sense :-)

Thank you!

Thank you for that excellent advice, Baron. I just issued a hearty huzzah!

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight