Sense of the Ziu: Procrastination and a Period of Consequences

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, July 28, 2022, 03:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Sense of the Ziu: Procrastination and a Period of Consequences

Whereas, the British prime minister, Winston Churchill, once stated that "the era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays is coming to its close. In its place we are entering a period of consequences," and

Whereas, this quote well-encapsulates humanity's current predicament in relation to anthropogenic climate change, and

Whereas, in 2022 alone, 25 nations have experienced their hottest summers ever and the past seven years each have been the hottest years in succession, and

Whereas, leading contributors of atmospheric warming emissions (People's Republic of China, United States of America, and Republic of India) have lagged in fidelity to their commitments based on the Kyoto and Paris Accords.

Therefore, may it be resolved that it is the Sense of the Ziu of the Kingdom of Talossa:

To declare a climate emergency, and

Based on this declaration state its assessment that anthropogenic climate change is an issue touching not just on scientific and political scopes but also on moral and bioethical scopes, and

To encourage Talossans around the world to make meaningful changes in their personal lives to limit their individual and family contributions to climate change, and

To encourage nations which are leading contributors to climate change to meet their previously-agreed treaty-based commitments.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Sen-FL, TNC)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I'm not Breneir, but I can share that we've had a whole-party big discussion and we've agreed on a course of action; it's safe to say that you'll probably see something in the next few weeks.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein