The Nonpartisan SOS Entrenchment Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, August 07, 2022, 08:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

I'm not sure there is any way we can pass this while Txec is still SoS without casting a pall of suspicion over him, even if that's not the intention. I would prefer this bill not be proposed until after he leaves office.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Well, it seems like that will necessarily implicate his successor, or else imply that we were just waiting for him to leave to put this restriction through.

Maybe if we put in an explicit statement saying that we absolutely trust him, this is no reflection on his ethics or behavior, etc? I mean, it already kind of says that, but we can make it even stronger if it would make anyone comfortable, I bet.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Am I to offer a "solution" for a question which only the TNC seem to think is a problem? I thought I already did - a higher bar for confirmation of a new SoS, to something like we have for CpI justices, to ensure non-partisanship. Or alternatively the ability of a (large) Ziu minority to request accountability for partisan behaviour (or incompetence). A recall provision, or a formal impeachment process.

The principle is that we judge people for bad behaviour, not for their organisational affiliations.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan