[CRL] Technical question re: timing

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, August 11, 2022, 05:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Okay colleagues, give me a heads up on this: I've posted the substantive text of a bill here, but not yet the "fluff", preamable, "whereases" etc.

Does the 10 day countdown before I can bring it in here start from Aug 5, when I posted the "meat" of the bill, or doesn't it count before I put the "fluffy stuff" on? My reading of El Lexh H.6.4. suggests that the "legislative proposal" needs to spend 10 days in the Hopper, which I think means the essential text of the proposed law or amendment, which suggests the more permissive wording.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 11, 2022, 05:08:39 PM
Okay colleagues, give me a heads up on this: I've posted the substantive text of a bill here, but not yet the "fluff", preamable, "whereases" etc.

Does the 10 day countdown before I can bring it in here start from Aug 5, when I posted the "meat" of the bill, or doesn't it count before I put the "fluffy stuff" on? My reading of El Lexh H.6.4. suggests that the "legislative proposal" needs to spend 10 days in the Hopper, which I think means the essential text of the proposed law or amendment, which suggests the more permissive wording.
I agree with your interpretation.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on August 11, 2022, 05:37:40 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 11, 2022, 05:08:39 PM

I agree with your interpretation.
I, also am in agreement on this.  The "Whereas" and whatnot is largely throat clearing. 

Though, and this would be a question for the Bar and CPI, does that material factor into legal reasoning?  Because if so, one could argue that it is slightly more "substantive"
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito