The Cutting Red And Green Tape (Domain Names) Bill

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, August 24, 2022, 04:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

WHEREAS El Lexhatx D.2.9.2 currently reads:

QuoteTalossa.com and Kingdomoftalossa.net are the property of the government and shall be operated by the Ministry of Technology.

AND WHEREAS it is currently the interpretation of the Ministry of Justice that this requires the Government to own both of those domain names;

AND WHEREAS spending on domain names came under scrutiny in the last budget round;

AND WHEREAS we don't necessarily need to jettison kot.net, but we should value Ministerial discretion over legislative micromanaging;

BE IT ENACTED by the King, Cosa and Senäts in Ziu assembled that El Lexhatx D.2.9.2. be amended to read as follows:

QuoteThe Government shall own the domain name talossa.com, and may purchase and maintain any other Talossa-related domain names as they see fit, following normal budgetary procedures. These domain names and their associated webhosting shall be administered by the Ministry of Technology.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

This needs to be changed so it isn't an unlimited authorization to purchase any number of domain names, since that's what it reads as.  I'd recommend adding, ", following normal budgetary procedures."
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein