[TECHNOLOGY] Appointment of a Talossan Web Registrant

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, August 25, 2022, 12:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Under El Lexhatx D.2.9.3, the Ministry of Technology appoints a Talossan Web Registrant to act as registrant for our national web hosting and domain names - i.e. be the name of the "owner" as far as our hosting service is concerned. For the last few years this office has held by the Burgermeister of Internal Revenue, to simplify the process of making payments to maintain our web hosting. I'm convinced that this is a good tradition and we should keep it up.

Therefore, given that the handover of the office of Burgermeister has just been completed, I have just made the arrangements to also transfer the office of Talossan Web Registrant to @Dr T. dal Nordselva. As some of you will remember, Dr Nordselva's appointment as Burgermeister is only a short-term one, and when we (or a future government) find a permanent occupant for this role, then the question of whether they should be Web Registrant as well will be re-opened.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 25, 2022, 12:32:59 AM
Therefore, given that the handover of the office of Burgermeister has just been completed...

Good to hear confirmation that contact has successfully been made with the Burgermeister and that the transfer is complete.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Was that not yet common knowledge? Sorry, yes: all the Kingdom's monies are now in the hands of the new temporary Burgermeister. We should probably give Istefan a medal or something as a retirement present.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 25, 2022, 04:02:04 PM
Was that not yet common knowledge? Sorry, yes: all the Kingdom's monies are now in the hands of the new temporary Burgermeister. We should probably give Istefan a medal or something as a retirement present.

No, you were the first to publicly confirm the actual transferral.
Perhaps a Senatorial Medal of Honour?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Istefan might not appreciate any intense attention right now, so maybe defer this for a bit until he's feeling better?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on August 25, 2022, 05:08:52 PM

I hadn't publicly mentioned this yet as I only received access yesterday. My first priority was to inform the King and the Sabor and a public post was going to be forthcoming once I've had time to do so.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă, GST on August 25, 2022, 06:47:13 PM

I hadn't publicly mentioned this yet as I only received access yesterday. My first priority was to inform the King and the Sabor and a public post was going to be forthcoming once I've had time to do so.

Mr. Secretary, thank you, as mentioned I am glad the transfer is complete but my initial statement was not in reference to a public announcement of the transfer. I was referring to making contact with the former Burgermeister. This was my concern and something which I was not aware had been achieved. The announcement of the transfer's completion is what informed me that contact had been made.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Lüc

He already has one. Maybe the Senate should test what would happen with a double award. Does it become S.H.²? S.H.S.H.? S.S.H.H.? (...hopefully not the last one, unless you're JJ in the 80s)

(But yeah, I "like" how the Senate has in recent times been the sole bestower of honours, despite all the fuss about the new honours system and John technically being able to award stuff at will.)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Lüc on August 26, 2022, 03:17:21 AM

He already has one. Maybe the Senate should test what would happen with a double award. Does it become S.H.²? S.H.S.H.? S.S.H.H.? (...hopefully not the last one, unless you're JJ in the 80s)

(But yeah, I "like" how the Senate has in recent times been the sole bestower of honours, despite all the fuss about the new honours system and John technically being able to award stuff at will.)

Thanks Luc. I didn't know Istefan was a prior recipient of the S.H. Although that would be a fun and interesting test case. Maybe a Proclamation of the Ziu might be in order. I don't know much about the new honours system.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ián Tamorán S.H.

Quote from: Lüc on August 26, 2022, 03:17:21 AM
"S.H and Bar" ?
Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.