What equipment does everyone use?

Started by Mark Price, August 29, 2022, 06:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Price

I had just a recurve and longbow I have had forever but I inherited several more of the past few years. I have used the longbow almost exclusively since I was shown how to shoot but I can't pull anything these days due to a long term shoulder problem. I've been working of figuring a way around that so I could shoot again but it's slow going
Ma, ma, come quick! There's a man in a skirt torturing a wee plaid cow.

Bråneu Excelsio

I have access to one of these.
It's fun to use and completely unreliable.
I remember playing with it as a teenager, my cousin would shoot me and I'd try to grab the arrow mid-air. It went really slow but I believe it was the arrow with its deplorable quality.

My cousin made a twist and a little dance before grabbing it mid air. It was fun.

My city is 400 years old but there still were native american tribes 150 years ago. Rayados y los Borrados, the most famous ones.
Also, they were cannibals but that's unrelated.

My bow isn't 150 years old, it's like a cheap recreation that just looks like a real one. I believe. I hope.
Fiován.

Bråneu Excelsio

I believe the other thread is locked and I cannot reply on it! What can we do to help it?

Also, congratulations @Audrada Roibeardet because the thread Toxophilite Club Headquarters is your 100th post on RTWittenberg. Let's go for another 100 :)

(Btw, I'd like to know a few things about you to update your Wiki!)
https://wiki.talossa.com/Audrada_Roibeardet
Fiován.

Audrada Roibeardet

My current bow is a Howard Hill "Half-breed" longbow. I inherited it from my father. It's listed as 55lbs at 28 inches but I think it's getting tired. It's a nice bow but it's getting old and I'm thinking of getting a new one. I'll probably get a longbow from 3 Rivers Archery but I've also been looking at the horse bows sold by Seven Meadows and Saluki.

As for the locked topic, that's basically the "welcome page" for the club. I'll be adding some more info later.